Anchovies Fry | Nethili Meen Varuval | Kerala Netholi Fry recipe with step by step photos. Anchovies belong to a tiny fish variety. It is healthier than compared to whole a lot of other fishes available. With the other health benefits it is rich in protein also. If you feel guilty that is it deep fried you can bake them too instead of deep frying or also fry in a tawa with very less oil. Usually in all the restaurants they serve anchovies along with crispy fried Curry Leaves don’t miss out that ,it really gives an awesome taste to the whole dish. Now let’s see how to prepare Anchovies Fry.
- Sardine Fish Fry | Mathi chala Meen Varuval
- Pomfret Fish Fry | Vavaal Meen Varuval
- Fish Fry in Oven | Baked Fish Crisps
- Vanjaram Fry
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian | Recipe Category : Appetizer
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time : 10 mins |Serves: 4 |Author : Sharmila
Anchovies – ¼ kg
Oil for frying
Curry leaves a handful
To Marinate :
Egg - 1
Rice flour – 1 tsp
Red Chilli powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Salt as needed
Step by step Method :
1. Clean the fish really well. In a vessel add in the ingredients mentioned in the “To Marinate” section one by one and form a paste.
2. Add the cleaned anchovies in to the marinade and leave it for 30 mins – 1 hours.
3. Heat oil for frying, once it is hot add in the Marinated Anchovies When the anchovies are almost cooked add in the curry leaves and fry till crisp.
4. Strain them and set in a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Serve hot.
· You marinate the fish and refrigerate it for a 3 days and fry the fish whenever needed.
· You can skip adding curry leaves if you don’t prefer but it gives a really nice flavor and in most of the restaurants they serve Anchovies fish fry along with crispy fried curry leaves.
· I used big anchovies variety for this fish fry recipe.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 80
Leave a Reply