Baked bread pudding is a winter dessert that is served warm. It is prepared from milk, Bread, Butter, and other seeds or dryfruits.
Bread Pudding :
Bread pudding is a popular dessert made of bread, milk, and cream along with Egg, Butter, or Oil. I made it as an eggless version. We can also customize it as per our preference.
I made it as a sweet version. Savory bread pudding is also popular these days. Bread pudding is an easy to make British dessert.
Baked Bread Pudding:
Usually, bread pudding is made on Stovetop or using a pressure cooker. Today I prepared a baked version of Bread Pudding.
Sliced bread is dunked in a milk sauce flavored with cinnamon powder. Finally topped with butter and dried blueberries. Feel free to customize them as you prefer.
Caramel Bread Pudding
Caramel bread pudding is another popular version of the bread pudding. It is prepared from bread, caramel sauce, and egg. It is one of the favorite kids' desserts. WE can prepare it by steam cooking or baking.
Ingredients for Baked Bread Pudding
This is the base of the of the bread pudding. You can use both white or Brown Bread. I have used Multi grain Bread.
We will be soaking the bread slices in milk and then bake. For the Vegan version use Almond milk or any nut milk.
Cinnamon powder gives a nice rustic smell to the pudding. Feel free to adjust the flavors as you prefer. Cinnamon powder can be easily prepared at the home. I have the recipe published already. Take a look if you are looking to prepare at home.
Butter is the fat agent in the pudding and it helps in setting the pudding.
Use any fruits as you prefer. I have added dried blueberries. Feel free to use any dry fruits as you prefer.
Baked Bread Pudding Recipe Video
How to prepare Baked Bread Pudding, Pictorial
1) Take 2 Slices of Wheat bread. Arrange them one above the other. Slice the bread into Cubes of equal sizes.
2) In another bowl add ⅓ cup of Milk. To this add in 3 tbsp of Brown Sugar and then add in the Cinnamon powder and Nutmeg Powder. Combine Everything.
3) Now take a 4 * 5-inch baking tray. Arrange the bread slices in 2 or 3 layers one above the other.
4) Top of this pour the Milk. The bread slices will now be soaked in the Milk.
5) Now place a few dollops of butter all over the bread sliced randomly here and there.
6) Top it with some dried blueberries and Crushed Walnuts
7) Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C for about 10 mins. Bake them at 180 Deg C for about 25 to 30 mins or until the bread slices brown in the top.
Serving Suggestions & How to Store
- Serve the Bread pudding Warm or Cold.
- If Serving warm, Serve it with some toasted nuts and Hot Chocolate.
- If Serving cold. Chill in the fridge and Serve cold with a scoop of icecream.
- You can freeze the bread pudding in an airtight container. When you want to eat. Put it in the fridge section for 4 to 5 hours thaw it and then serve it hot or cold as you like it.
- You can microwave and heat it before serving.
Variations to the Baked Bread Pudding
The variations you can do to the bread pudding are numerous.
- we can add cocoa powder to the milk sauce and make it like Chocolate baked bread pudding.
- We can also add Rose Water, Pitsa, Butterscotch, or any flavor you like.
- Use any dry fruits or nuts as per your preference. We can also use Dried Cranberry or even apricots.
- Instead of Walnuts, We can also use pistachios or Almonds.
FAQ's on Bread Pudding
We can add any nuts, seeds or dry fruits can in the bread pudding. Be creative and decorate your bread pudding to heart's content.
Bread pudding has bread, Milk, butter. WE should definitely refrigerate Dairy products. So a big Yes. refrigerate until you use.
You can keep them in the fridge for up to 4 days and freeze them beyond that. So within this period you can reheat the pudding and consume.
We can heat the pudding in a microwave or use a double boiler or Steamer to reheat the bread pudding.
Baked Bread Pudding | Eggless Bread Pudding
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- OTG Oven
- 3 bread slices
- ⅓ cup .milk
- 3 tbsp Brown sugar
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon powder
- ⅛ tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Dried Bluberries
- 1 tbsp Walnut crushed
- Take 2 Slices of Wheat bread. Arrange them one above the other. Slice the bread into Cubes of equal sizes.
- In another bowl add ⅓ cup of Milk. To this add in 3 tbsp of Brown Sugar and then add in the Cinnamon powder and Nutmeg Powder. Combine Everything.
- Now take a 4 * 4-inch baking tray. Arrange the bread slices in 2 or 3 layers one above the other.
- Top of this pour the Milk. The bread slices will now be soaked in the Milk.
- Now place a few dollops of butter all over the bread sliced randomly here and there.
- Top it with some dried blueberries and Crushed Walnuts
- Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C for about 10 mins. Bake them at 180 Deg C for about 25 to 30 mins or until the bread slices brown in the top.
- Baking time may vary from oven to oven, So keep checking after 20 mins.
- Bake until the crust browns or crisp.
- Alter the ingredients as you prefer.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist , the nutrition value provided here is an estimate.It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
Super delicious dessert. Very nice photos, i wanted to try these and will give a feedback. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Nice , simple and quick recipe , i love such quick desserts which are absolutely fuss free , yet taste delicious . Definitely going to try this !
Love such easy desserts which can be whipped up quickly. Bookmarking this to try soon!!
Rafeeda - The Big Sweet Tooth
Bread pudding anytime for me! I love that you didn't add any eggs and still it looks so well done...