Beans Parupu Usli / Beans Dal Fry Recipe with step by step photos. Parupu Usli is a famous dish from the Brahmins. Usually Parupu usli is made with vegetables like Banana flower ,cluster beans ,broad beans and many more .The method of preparing the dal mixture remains the same however in the method which I have explained below beans is replaced by other vegetables .So by keeping the recipe as a base we can prepare Parupu usli with vegetables of our choice. Now lets’s see how to prepare the famous Beans Parupu Usli
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Lunch Side Dish
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time : 20 mins | Serves: 4 |Author : Sharmila
Shallots / Small Onions – 6
Freshly grated coconut – 3 tbsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Salt as needed
Channa Dal – 2 tbsp
Toor Dal – 2 tbsp
Urad Dal – 1 tbsp
Dry Red Chilli – 2-3
Salt as needed
Ginger a small piece
Curry leaves – few pieces
To Temper :
Coconut oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Dry Red Chilli – 2
Curry leaves a spring
1. Soak the Channa Dal ,Toor Dal ,Urad Dal in water for about 30 mins .After soaking transfer the soaked Dal along with the ingredients mentioned in the “To Grind” table to form a semi course mixture .Make sure not to grind to a fine paste .Just pulse in the blender which should be enough.
2. Now transfer the pulsed mixture to a vessel keep it in a pressure cooker with little water and cook for 2 whistles. Once the pressure is completely gone open the cooker and set the cooked Dal mixture aside. Now heat a kadai/pan with coconut oil.
3. Add in the Mustard Seeds Urad Dal and Cumin seeds let them splutter next add in the Dry Red Chilli and Curry leaves next add in the chopped small onions.
4. Let it cook next add the required Salt and Turmeric powder cook for few secs and then add the chopped Beans.
5. Sprinkle little water and mix well. Let the beans get cooked fully. Now crumble the cooked dal mixture and add to the cooked beans. Give a good mix.
6. Finally add the grated coconut and cook in a low flame for about 5 mins and then switch off the flame. Serve hot with Rice and Sambar.
· Goes very well with Rice and Sambar along with Papad or any fries.
· Beans can be replaced with vegetables like Cluster beans, Banana flower or even carrot.
· You can skip adding coconut to the usili, however I prefer adding as I like the taste.