1. Grate the beetroot and set aside. In a pan heat in Oil/ghee and to this add-in Mustard Seeds, Fennel Seeds let them crack next add in Curry Leaves, Bay Leaves and Cashew Nuts. Sauté for few secs.
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Grated Beetroot – 1 cup
- Cooked Rice – 1 cup
- Oil/Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds -1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
- Bay Leaves -1
- Curry Leaves - 1 spring
- Cashew Nuts – 6-8
- Green Chilli – 3
- Onion – 1
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Grate the beetroot and set aside. In a pan heat in Oil/ghee and to this add-in Mustard Seeds, Fennel Seeds let them crack next add in Curry Leaves, Bay Leaves, and Cashew Nuts. Sauté for few secs.
- Next, add in slit Green Chilli. Mix well and then add in finely chopped Onions cook till they become translucent.
- Now add turmeric powder, Garam Masala powder, and salt mix well till the raw smell leaves and then add in the grated beetroot and mix well. In a low flame continue to cook till the beetroot is fully cooked.
- Once the beetroot is fully cooked check for the salt add if needed and then add the cooked Rice mix gently until all the rice grains are well incorporated. Switch off the flame now.
· Beetroot rice goes very well with Potato Fry or any chips.
· Leftover rice can also be used in Preparing Beetroot Rice.