Beetroot Poriyal or beetroot stir fry is a yummy lunch side dish. Grated beetroot is sauteed and cooked with spices along with coconut.
Beetroot Stir Fry Recipe | Beetroot Poriyal with step-by-step pictures. Beetroot stir Fry is a simple lunch side dish recipe. It is very healthy and aids in skin glow. Stir fry works well for a busy working day.
We can prepare in less than 10 mins. Grating beetroot is the only time-consuming thing. We use a vegetable grater we can skip that time too. Now let's see how to prepare tasty Beetroot Stir Fry.
How to make Beetroot Poriyal
3. Mix well and cook till done in a medium flame.
Beetroot stir fry is now ready.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram,Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Beetroot Poriyal | Beetroot stir fry
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Beetroot – 1
- Onion – 1
- Green Chilli – 2
- Salt as needed
- To Temper :
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Urad Dal – 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry Leaves a spring
- Grate the beetroot and set ready. In a pan heat in oil, add Mustard seeds, Cumin Seeds and Urad dal let them splutter. Add Curry Leaves fry few secs.
- Add chopped onions, green chilli and Salt sauté till the onions are cooked, now add in the grated beetroot.
- Mix well and cook till done in a medium flame. Beetroot stir fry is now ready.
· Cook the beets in a medium flame otherwise it might get burnt.
· Grated beets cook very fast and hence stir in regular intervals to avoid it from getting burnt.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.