Cabbage Stir fry or poriyal is a very common lunch side dish prepared with cabbage. Its is served with rice and curry.
Cabbage Poriyal or Stir fry is a common recipe in my house. My mom makes this at least once in a week. It’s very easy to prepare but tastes good when paired with Sambar or Plain Dal.
Eating a half-cup of cooked cabbage would provide half of your vitamin C needs for the day. As it’s rich in vitamin C and Sulphur. Check out the similar Beans stir Fry recipe too.
How to prepare Cabbage Poriyal
Tasty Cabbage poriyal is ready to serve.
Tips & Variations
- You can skip Turmeric if you don’t prefer.
- Grate the Cabbage using a food processor if you don’t prefer to cut it.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ? You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Cabbage Stir Fry
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Cabbage – ½ medium sized chopped finely
- Onion - 1 medium sized finely chopped
- Freshly scrapped cococnut – 3 tbsp
- Green chilli- 2 slit open
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric powder -½ tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Jeera/Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves – a spring
- ) Chop the cabbage and onion finely into small pieces and keep aside. Now take the pan and add oil. Once the oil becomes hot add in the mustard seeds and Jeera let it splutter. Next add in the green chilli and Curry Leaves .Saute them.
- Add in the finely chopped onion and fry till the onion becomes translucent. Add in the Chopped cabbage and saute for a min.
- Add in salt and turmeric powder and mix well .Sprinkles some water on the cabbage and mix well. Cover and cook. Open the lid for every 2 mins and give a stir or it may get burnt in the bottom.
- Once the cabbage is cooked add in the freshly grated coconut and stir well .Switch off the flame. Tasty Cabbage poriyal is ready to serve.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist , the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.