Cauliflower fry or Gobi fry is one simple and easy to cook appetizer. Indeed Gobi fry is a treat to veg lovers.
Cauliflower fry or Gobi fry is one common recipe in my kitchen. My kids love them is pulao or any variety rice. It is very simple and easy to cook but tastes great. Indeed Gobi fry is a treat to veg lovers.
One more good thing about this Cauliflower is that it is not a seasonal vegetable, hence we can enjoy it all around the year. Gobi fry is prepared by marinating the cauliflower in spices. It is then deep fried by coating them with the prepared batter.
How to prepare Cauliflower Fry
Tips & Variations
- Cauliflower fry can be had as a starter.
- It tastes good by itself, but can be also had with tomato ketchup.
- Goes well as a lunch side dish.
- While frying the cauliflower add a few curry leaves in the hot oil when cauliflower is half cooked. It adds an amazing flavor to the fry.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ? You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
CauliFlower fry | Gobi fry
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 1 Cauliflower medium sized head
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- ½ tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tsp Chili paste or powder
- Salt as needed
- 2 sprigs Curry leaves
- Oil as needed for deep frying
- 3 tsp All-purpose flour/Maida -
- 4 tsp Corn starch
- Break the cauliflower into small sized florets .Bring in water to boil in a pot and switch off the flame. Add the cauliflower florets in the hot water and cover the pot with a lid and leave it for 5 mins.
- In another bowl add in the Ginger garlic paste ,Garam masala ,Pepper powder(I used freshly ground pepper) ,Chilli paste( Soak in Dry red chilli in hot water for 5 mins and then grind the chilli discarding the water) ,Salt ,Curry leaves ,Maida and Corn flour .Add water to form a thick paste .It should not be too thick also. It should be in such a way that if cauliflower is added it coat on the Gobi fully.
- Add oil in kadai for deep frying .Once it becomes hot drop in the cauliflower florets soaked in the masala. Fry till it becomes golden brown or till it’s cooked. Do the entire process in low flame. Drain the cooked cauliflower in paper towel. Serve hot.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist , the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.