Cauliflower Masala Recipe | Gobi Masala step by step pictures. Cauliflower masala is a simple side made is the regular onion tomato base and flavored with spices. It goes well with roti, idli, or dosa too. I can also be simply mixed and had with rice. Now let's see how to prepare cauliflower masala.
3. Now add in the chili powder, Coriander powder, Garam Masala, Turmeric powder, and the required salt. Mix well and cook till the masala is blended well and the raw smell leaves.
4. Now add in the blanched cauliflower florets. Mix well and cook in a low flame for 5 mins. Garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.
Cauliflower Masala | Gobi Masala
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Cauliflower – 1 small
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green Chilli - 2
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Salt as needed
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
To Temper :
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Channa Dal – ½ tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves 1 spring
- Bring water to boil in a pan to this add in a pinch of salt and turmeric powder and then add in the cauliflower florets. Cook till its done. Strain the liquid and keep the cauliflower florets aside till use.
- Heat a pan with oil, once its hot add in the fennel seeds, channa dal let them turn slightly golden and then add in the curry leaves, Green chili, and ginger-garlic paste. Sauté till the raw smell leaves. Next, add in the finely chopped onions, saute till glossy and then add in the tomatoes cook till they leave oil.
- Now add in the chili powder, Coriander powder, Garam Masala, Turmeric powder, and the required salt. Mix well and cook till the masala is blended well and the raw smell leaves.
- Now add in the blanched cauliflower florets. Mix well and cook in a low flame for 5 mins .Garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.
· Use small sized cauliflower florets for best taste
· Goes well with roti or paratha also.