2. Heat oil in a pan once it comes to a boil add in the chopped cauliflower and switch off the flame. Let it sit for 10 mins and then strain the cauliflower and keep it ready. To the sated onions in the pan add in Salt and Turmeric powder rand give a quick mix and then to this add in the strained Cauliflower.
3. Cook until the cauliflower is fully done. It may take around 5-8 mins in a medium flame. Then add in the grated coconut and mix well and finally switch off the flame.
Tastes good with Steamed Rice and Rasam.
Cauliflower Stir Fry | Gobi Poriyal
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Cauli Flower – ½ Floret
- Eggs – 3
- Onion – 1 big
- Green Chilli – 2
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds -1 tsp
- Channa Dal – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves a spring
- Cut the cauliflower florets into small pieces and blanch them in water till they are half cooked by adding a pinch of turmeric powder and Salt. It will take about 5 mins. Switch off the flame and then strain the Cauliflower florets using a colander. Allow it to cool down, once cooled Chop them into small pieces, and set aside. In a Pan add in oil once it becomes hot add in Mustard Seeds let it splutter and then add in Channa Dal and Green Chilli saute for few secs and then add in the Curry Leaves
- Next add in the onion and cook till they become soft, Next add in the Chopped Cauliflower and then add in Turmeric powder,Salt and Pepper powder, mix well and cook till they are fully done.
- Now move the cauliflower towards once side of the Kadai and then break open the 3 Eggs, Scramble and cook in a low flame till the eggs are completely done. Finally, mix together the Cauliflower and Eggs and give a good Stir and Switch off the flame. Serve hot with Rice or Roti.
· You can also add in some freshly grated coconut in the end before you switch off the flame. It gives a nice taste.
· Add salt carefully as we have already added salt while cooking Cauliflower