Adai dosa is a healthy protein rich crepe made with mixed lentils or rice. It makes a full breakfast along with chutney or sambar.
Healthy Dal Adai Recipe| Paruppu Adai with step by step pictures. It is a healthy Indian Breakfast predominantly in South India. This dish is filled with proteins because of the dal added. We add Channa Dal, Urad Dal, Tour dal for this adai. An Adai for a breakfast is a healthy way to start our day.
I have also shared multi grain adai dosa in the blog. Adai tastes good when served with Coconut chutney or Peanut Chutney.
This version of adai which I have posted is very easy and,it doesn’t require long hours of soaking, also it can be easily ground in a mixie itself.
How to prepare Parupu Adai
Healthy Dal Adai is now ready !!
- You can skip adding coconut if you don’t prefer.
- Add Gingelly oil to the adai while cooking.
- Add oil on both the sides while flip and cooking also for a nice texture.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ? You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Dai Adai | Parupu adai
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 2 Onion
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Channa da
- ¼ cup Grated Coconut
- Salt as per taste
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- Water as required
To soak and grind:
- ½ cup Toor dal
- ½ cup Channa dal
- ½ cup Urad dal
- ½ cup Raw rice
- ½ cup Idli Rice
- 5 Dry red chilli
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- ½ tsp Hing
- Soak in Tour Dal, Channa Dal, Urad dal, Raw Rice, Idli rice for about 3 hours. After soaking take the soaked dals and rice along with Dry Red chilies, Cumin seeds, Pepper, Curry leaves, and Hing in a blender. Grind it to a coarse batter.
- Mix water along with the batter the consistency should be similar to idly batter. Not too runny and not too thick. In a Kadai add in oil once the oil becomes hot add in Mustard seeds let it splutter and then add the channa dal and curry leaves.
- Then add in the finely chopped onions and fry till it becomes translucent. Add this to the ground batter.
- Along with this add in salt and freshly grated coconut to the batter and mix well.
- Take a Dosa tawa (I used my iron dosa kal) . Wait till the dosa pan becomes hot and then take a ladder full of batter and spread like how we do for dosa. Pour oil along the sides. Once it's cooked flip and cook the next side also. Healthy Dal Adai is now ready !!
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist , the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.