Egg Dosa recipe with step by step photos. Egg dosa is one of the popular street food and breakfast in many south Indian states especially Tamil Nadu. Hubby used get this for us from road side shops once in a while , I simply love that even my little one. Usually the ones we get in Road sides shops are with just eggs, Pepper and Salt but I have included some more vegetables as my little prefer it colourful and I can feed her few veggies. Now let’s see how to prepare Egg dosa.
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian | Recipe Category : Breakfast
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time : 2-3 mins |Makes: 1 |Author : Sharmila
Egg – 1
Pepper powder – ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Idli dosa batter – ½ cup
Grated Carrot – 1 tbsp
Finely chopped onions - 1tbsp
Green Chilli – ½
Coriander leaves to garnish
1. Break open the egg in a bowl to this add in pepper powder and salt and beat really well such that the pepper powder and Salt is evenly mixed to the egg .Chop the vegetables and set ready.
2. Heat a dosa tawa and pour a ladle full of batter and spread to form a slightly thick dosa. If the dosa is very thin the dosa might tear. Now to the dosa pour the beaten egg and spread a little. Now sprinkle the carrot, Onion, Green chilli and Coriander leaves over the dosa.
3. Drizzle oil over the dosa and cover cook for 30 secs .Flip the dosa and cook for another 30 secs. Egg Dosa is now ready to be served.
· You can skip adding the vegetables and prepare the dosa if you don’t prefer adding the vegetables.
· Tastes good with Chutney and Sambar.