Delicious aubergine fry with a perfect lunch side dish to go with rice or roti. Spice powders coasted aubergine slices are shallow fried to perfection.
No time to chop the vegetable on working day morning, here comes a savior for it. Eggplant can be chopped into slices within a minute and cooked for just 10 mins and it makes a perfect and easy Lunch Side Dish Recipe.
Eggplant/aubergine is one of the varieties of Brinjal that is widely used in cooking, It tastes similar to brinjal.
How to make aubergine fry
3. Heat a tawa with oil once it becomes hot dip the eggplant into the prepared paste, let it coat on both the sides of the eggplant and then shallow fry in the tawa. , Let it be done in medium flame. Flip over the sides and cook till it is done.
Tips & Variations
- You can leave Besan flour if you don’t like the taste as Rice flour is enough for the crispiness.
- Serve hot with Steamed Rice and Dal.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 1 Eggplant
- ¼ cup Besan/Gram Flour
- ½ cup Rice Flour
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Amchur/Dry Mango Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt as needed
- 1 tsp Cumin/Jeera powder
- Oil as needed
- Water as needed
- Take an Eggplant and wash it well pat it to dry with a kitchen towel, with a sharp knife chop it in to slices. Let the slices not be too thick or too thin. Keep it immersed in water till use or else it may change the colour.
- In another bowl add in Chilli powder, Coriander powder,Amchur Powder, Cumin powder, Salt ,Turmeric powder,Besan flour and Rice flour ,Mix everything well, Next add in the required water and form a paste .The consistency should be like if we dip the eggplant it should be fully coated it should not fall off.
- Heat a tawa with oil once it becomes hot dip the eggplant into the prepared paste, let it coat on both the sides of the eggplant and then shallow fry in the tawa. , Let it be done in medium flame. Flip over the sides and cook till it is done.
Serve hot with Steamed Rice and Dal.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.