Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category : Cakes/Bakes
Prep Time: 15 mins | Bake Time : 30 mins | Makes: 16 pieces |Author :Sharmila
Whole wheat Flour – 1 ½ cup
Oats – ¾ cup
Chocolate chips – ½ cup
Brown sugar – 4 tbsp
Melted Dark chocolate – 1 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsp
Milk – 2 cups
Oil – 5 tbsp
1. In a blender add in the oats and grind it to a fine powder, Sieve together Oats, Whole Wheat flour, baking powder and cocoa powder 3-5 times and set it aside.
2. In another mixing bowl take the boiled and cooled Milk, to this add in oil and Brown sugar.
4. Fold everything together with a spatula until well combined and take care no lumps remains. Now melt the dark chocolate in microwave or in a double boiler.
5. Fold in the melted chocolate to the brownie batter and fold gently once again. Now add in the chocolate chips and mix once again
6. Grease and line the pan with parchment paper and pour in the prepared batter sprinkle some chocolate chips if you prefer.
7. Tap the pan once are twice gently such that no air bubbles remains .Pre heat the oven at 180 Deg C for about 10 mins and then bake in 180 Deg C for about 30 mins or when a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
• Make sure you grind the oats to a fine powder.
• Sieve the dry ingredients up to 5 times, this will ensure you get a good texture in the brownie.
• The brownie will be denser a little compared to the maida brownie.
• Tastes good with a cup of milk during breakfast.
• Can also be served along with Vanilla Ice Cream as a dessert.