Homemade Buttermilk plays an important role in baking, when it comes to cakes and cupcakes baking buttermilk makes a good recipe as a great recipe.
When it comes to baking buttermilk plays an important role. For a lot of cakes and cupcakes baking, buttermilk addition works really well. The good thing about buttermilk is that it has no fat. We can prepare the buttermilk for baking easily at the home from curd(Yogurt), Vinegar, Lemon, etc.
Today I am preparing the buttermilk with yogurt or curd. However, you may also try vinegar and lemon too.
Buttermilk usually gives a soft and melt in mouth texture to the cake. The acid in the yogurt reacts with the milk and bubbles up. Hence we get a very soft texture in the cake.
How to prepare Buttermilk for baking
More kitchen basics
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ? You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
How to make Buttermilk for Baking
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- ¾ cup Thick Curd/Yogurt
- ¼ cup Milk
- In a bowl add in ¾ cup of thick curd or yogurt.
- In the same bowl add in ¼ cup of milk.
- Now whisk the curd and milk until it forms a creamy texture.
- Use flavourless yogurt as the buttermilk is gonna be used for baking
- Curd can be replaced with Lemon , Vinegar or Sour Cream however the ratio of addition of milk will vary. Will share those soon.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
Leave a Reply