Instant Banana Appam Recipe | Banana Uniappam | Instant Wheat Flour Appam with step by step photos .Banana appam is prepared by deep frying a batter prepared with sweetened ripe banana along with wheat flour and jaggery. It is then deep fried and served immediately as a yummy snack .The same can also be prepared in the appe pan/panniyaram pan for a healthier version. This is a perfect after school snack for kids. Now lets see how to prepare instant banana appam.
2. Mix well so that the jaggery is fully dissolved and combined well with the banana. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
3. Next add in the wheat flour little by little and mix well so that the mashed banana and flour are well combined.
4. Heat oil for deep frying. Add little milk if you feel the flour is dry and mix well. Wet the hands in water before pinching the flour and dropping in hot oil for deep frying.so that the flour dont stick to the hands.
6. Once it reached golden brown remove from the oil and drain in paper towels and then serve.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 87
Banana Uniappam| Instant Wheat Flour Appam
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Ripe Banana – 3
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Jaggery powder – ¼
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- 1.Take the ripe banana in a bowl .With a fork mash them very well. To this add in the jaggery powder.
- 2.Mix well so that the jaggery is fully dissolved and combined well with the banana. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- 3.Next add in the wheat flour little by little and mix well so that the mashed banana and flour are well combined.
- 4.Heat oil for deep frying. Add little milk if you feel the flour is dry and mix well. Wet the hands in water before pinching the flour and dropping in hot oil for deep frying.
- 5.Pinch in small portions of the flour and drop in hot oil, cook in a medium flame such that it is well cooked on all the sides.
- 6.Once it reached golden brown remove from the oil and drain in paper towels and then serve.
- Serve as an evening snack.
- Over ripe banana can be used for better taste.
- Mash the banana evenly and completely.
Banana and jaggery..!both will make the appams so healthy and flavorful. Deep frying must be giving it an awesome crunch.
Beautiful combination of banana and jaggery. These cuties I know taste awesome!
It is similar to unniappam na? We usually make this as a prasadam for Krishna Jayanthi and also during Karthigai. It is a perfect during the sweet craves.
Drooling here, such a fantabulous banana appams to munch without any guilt. Simply love this appams very much.
I often make this in the same way, some times use appe pan instead of deep frying. Yum!!!
This comment has been removed by the author.
These deep fried banana appams look amazing Sharmila. Great after school snack for kids..
Love these crispy and airy banana appam Sharmila. They are so quick and easy to make too.
Hot banana appalls and masala tea, a wonderful combination. Its raining here right now and that's what I need.
This is surely a great way to use bananas..very good snack!
Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen
Oh yumm, I can taste the aroma of banana and jagery fried together! Yum snack for boring evenings and a great way to use up bananas
wow banana appam looks so yummy , I always love the jaggery in sweet appam, you made them so perfect !! Perfect sweet snack for sweet tooths..
This is one of my kids favorite and I make it often for their evening snacks. Apart from making banana bread/muffin, this is one of the recipe I use the ripe bananas. Looks wonderful!
Love banana in the sweet recipes and these quick appams sound just perfect to enjoy bananas.
A great snack to munch on for kids and adults alike. Theylook great.
Love the fried snack with banana and jaggery.. awesome treat for tastebbuds.
This post is making me so nostalgic! Mom used to make something similar as an after school snack, but it used to be in a batter form, dropped into oil with a ladle. This looks so good Sharmila.
Do my computer science homework
Pretty Helpful Material, Much Thanks For This Article