2. To the dry ingredients add in the room temperature butter. Also, add in the cumin seeds. Knead everything together and form a dough. If the dough is dry add in the milk and then knead the dough.
Check out the other bloggers doing this Bake-a-thon
Jeera Biscuits | Cumin Seeds Biscuits
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- All purpose Flour – ¾ cup
- Butter – ¼ cup
- Sugar – ¼ cup
- Baking powder – ¼ tsp
- Baking Soda – a pinch
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Salt a pinch
- Milk – 1 tbsp optional
- Powder the sugar and set aside. Microwave the cumin seeds for 1 min and set them aside. In a mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and powdered sugar together.
- To the dry ingredients add in the room temperature butter. Also, add in the cumin seeds. Knead everything together and form a dough. If the dough is dry add in the milk and then knead the dough.
- Put the dough in the fridge for 30 mins and then pinch in equal sizes of the dough and flatten it in between the palms and then form the cookies.
- Arrange the shaped cookies in a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle few cumin seeds on top of the shaped cookies and press a little.
- Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C for 10 mins and then bake the at 180 Deg for about 15-20 mins or until the cookies turn light golden and crisp.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely and then store in airtight containers.
The cookies are mildly sweet and salty.
You can also use cookie cutters to shape the cookies.