Kadai Chicken is a classic restaurant style chicken dish. It is known for its flavor and is usually served with naan or roti.
Kadai Chicken is one dish will be in my menu when I go to any Restaurants, I love it with Fried Rice or Butter Naan/ Phulka. So for one fine Sunday Lunch I tried this Restaurant style Kadai Chicken Masala, I served it with Vegetable Pulao (Will share the recipe soon) and Strawberry Milkshake. Now let’s get started
How to make Kadai Chicken
2. Chop the Capsicum to small pieces add a tap of oil in a kadai/pan and saute for about 2 mins and then set aside.
Goes well as a starter or as an accompaniment along with naan, paratha, or Roti. You can also serve them with some Basmathi Rice.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ? You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- ½ kg Chicken
- 1 Capsicum
- 1 Onion
- 3 Tomato
- 2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt as needed
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- Coriander Leaves as needed to garnish
For Kadai Masala:
- 6 Dry Red Chilli
- 2 tsp Coriander Seed
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper corns
- Dry Roast the ingredients mentioned under the Kadai Masala Table in a low flame until it gives a nice aroma, allow the ingredients to cool down .And then blend the dry roasted ingredients to a powder.
- Chop the Capsicum to small pieces add a tap of oil in a kadai/pan and saute for about 2 mins and then set aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan and then add in Mustard seeds let it splutter and then add in finely chopped oniona and sauté until glossy. Add in ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell leaves ,next add in the tomatoes and continue cooking
- Let the tomatoes cook well and leaves out oil, now add in half of the kadai masala and mix well.
- Now add in the cleaned chicken pieces and mix well let it cook for 2 mins, add in the remaining kadai Masala, Chilli powder, Garam Masala, Turmeric powder and Salt.
- Mix the masala well and cover cook the kadai till the chicken is almost 80 %done.
- Open the vessel and cook till the moisture content leaves and the chicken is fully done. Finally garnish with the sautéed capsicum and coriander leaves
Always before serving squeezing lemon juice and serve.
Tastes best with any Indian flat bread or Pulao ,Biryani
Skip Capsicum if you don’t prefer ,but it gives a nice crunch and texture.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
Note: This post is originally from 2016. I have updated with new Recipe card, Pictures and video now.