2. Chop the Capsicum to small pieces add a tap of oil in a kadai/pan and saute for about 2 mins and then set aside.
- Chicken – ½ kg
- Capsicum – 1 small
- Onion – 1 big
- Tomato – 3 nos medium sized
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt as needed
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves as needed to garnish
For Kadai Masala:
- Dry Red Chilli – 6
- Coriander Seeds – 2 ½ tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper corns – ¼ tsp
- Dry Roast the ingredients mentioned under the Kadai Masala Table in a low flame until it gives a nice aroma, allow the ingredients to cool down .And then blend the dry roasted ingredients to a powder.
- Chop the Capsicum to small pieces add a tap of oil in a kadai/pan and saute for about 2 mins and then set aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan and then add in Mustard seeds let it splutter and then add in finely chopped oniona and sauté until glossy. Add in ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell leaves ,next add in the tomatoes and continue cooking
- Let the tomatoes cook well and leaves out oil, now add in half of the kadai masala and mix well.
- Now add in the cleaned chicken pieces and mix well let it cook for 2 mins, add in the remaining kadai Masala, Chilli powder, Garam Masala, Turmeric powder and Salt.
- Mix the masala well and cover cook the kadai till the chicken is almost 80 %done.
- Open the vessel and cook till the moisture content leaves and the chicken is fully done. Finally garnish with the sautéed capsicum and coriander leaves
Always before serving squeezing lemon juice and serve.
Tastes best with any Indian flat bread or Pulao ,Biryani
Skip Capsicum if you don’t prefer ,but it gives a nice crunch and texture.