Happy Ganesh Chaturthi everyone. Try this easy and instant Khoya/Mawa Peda for this festival and gift your near and dear ones.
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Dessert
Prep Time: 2 mins | Cook Time :10 min |Makes:8 |Author :Sharmila
Unsweetened Khoya – 1 cup
Sugar – ¼ cup
Pistachios – to garnish
1. Crumble the Khoya .Heat a pan and add in the Khoya and Sugar. Mix well.
2. Both the khoya and sugar will start melting and becomes gooey. Keep on stirring till the khoya mixture start to leave the sides of the pan.Switch off the flame and allow it to cool down.
3. Grease your palms with ghee and take a small portion of the khoya and roll it in the form of small balls and flatten it. Garnish it with Pistachios.
- I used readymade khoya .Homemade can be used but it takes a lot of elbow work and time.
- If your khoya mixture doesn’t become thick refrigerate it for some time before rolling the peda.
- Grease your hands with ghee else the peda will stick to the hands.
- This peda can be packed and gifted in the festival seasons.