When I was looking for a quick and easy Lunch side on a Saturday I had some bhindi’s lying on fridge, I din’t want to cook it the usual way, it was then this idea struck me and made it so quickly in just few minutes. It tastes really good!! The Crunchiness of the Peanuts along with the Lady’s Finger paired really well. Give a try!!
Recipe Cuisine: Indian| Recipe Category :Sidedish
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time : 20 mins | Serves: 3 |Author :Sharmila
Lady’s Finger – ¼ kg
Peanuts – ¼ cup
Tomato – 1
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Salt as needed
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Oil – 1tbsp + 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – 1 spring
1. Wash the Lady’s Finger well and pat it to dry with the help of a kitchen then chop the Lady’s Finger into 1 inch sized pieces.
2. In a pan add in a tbsp. of oil and sauté till the Lady’s Finger is cooked and set aside.
3. In another pan add in oil once it heats up add in the Peanuts and roast it till it is cooked in a medium flame then add Curry leaves let it splutter and then add in the chopped tomatoes.
4. Once the tomatoes are cooked add in the Chilli powder, Turmeric powder Salt and mix well. Next add in the Cooked Lady’s Finger give a good mix, It a low flame cook everything together for 5 mins and then switch off the flame.
- Use tender lady’s finger only.
- Can be served along with Steamed Rice or Roti.