Lemon Mug Cake is an easy and flavorful microwave cake that gets done in just 1 min. A perfect single-serve cake
This is one mug cake that can be made quickly in just one min. If you crave something sweet at strange hours this mug cake is the best option. As I baked this cake in the middle of the night 😉
This cake is made with very simple ingredients. The coconut milk and lime zest blend perfectly and it gives an awesome taste. It calls for very simple ingredients easily available in your pantry.
All-purpose flour - Like to use apf for a pure lemon cake.
Coconut Milk - Adds so much flavor to the cake. Do not replace them.
Baking powder - Give a soft textured cake
Sugar - Use powdered or whole granulated sugar.
Lemon zest - Gives a perfect punch when added to the cake. Never skip this.
Toppings - you can use any as you prefer. Go for nuts, sprinkles, chocolate chips, whipping cream, or even ice cream.
How to prepare Lemon Coconut Mug Cake
1.Combine all ingredients except lime zest in a mixing bowl. Stir with a small whisk until everything is combined.
2. Now mix in lime zest and fold gently.
3. Take a microwave safe cup and spray cooking oil or grease with butter. Pour the batter into the cup. Microwave for about 1 minute.
4. Insert a toothpick and check if it comes clean. Top with your favorite toppings or any nuts and serve.
Serve with some ice cream
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates from me.
Lime Coconut Microwave Mug Cake
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 4 tbsp All purpose flour / Maida
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2.5 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp full fat coconut milk
- ¼ tsp Lemon Zest
- Nut as needed
- Combine all ingredients except lime zest in a mixing bowl. Stir with a small whisk until everything is combined.
- Take a microwave safe cup and spray cooking oil or grease with butter.
- Pour the batter into the cup. Microwave for about 1 minute.
- Insert a toothpick and check if it comes clean. Top with your favorite toppings or any nuts and serve.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.