Milk powder Gulab Jamun is an easy dessert prepared from Milk powder. It is perfect for a party, festivals or any special occasion.
Milk powder Gulab Jamun Recipe | How to make Gulab Jamun with Milk Powder with step-by-step photos . Gulab Jamun is always a favorite. We can never say no to a bowl of gundu gundu gulab jamun. It can be prepared easily with the readily available ingredients in the home itself.
However, you need little patience while kneading the dough to prepare the perfect and crack-free gulab jamun. Now let's see how to prepare yummy milk powder gulab jamun.
Serve chilled with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates from me.
Milk powder Gulab Jamun
For Jamun :
- All-purpose flour – ¼ cup
- Milk powder - 1 cup
- Rava / Sooji – 1 tbsp
- Baking powder a pinch
- Milk or Curd – 2 tbsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Oil for deep frying
For Sugar Syrup:
- Sugar – 1 ½ cup
- Water – 2 cup
- Cardamom pods – 3
- Rose water few drops
- Sift the milk powder, All-purpose flour ,Salt and baking soda together.
- To this add in the Sooji, milk or curd and ghee and rub together first and then knead well to form a soft dough. Let it rest for 10 mins.
- Pinch small portions of the dough and form small balls .Allow it to rest till we prepare the sugar syrup.
- For the sugar syrup add the sugar, Water in a sauce pan, bring it to a boil and then cook till the syrup becomes thick. Finally add the cardamom pods and rose water and switch off the stove.
- Heat oil for deep frying once its hot start frying the prepared balls in a medium flame till it becomes golden brown from all the sides.
- Drain them from the hot oil and add it to the prepared sugar syrup. Allow it to rest for 2-3 hours until the sugar syrup is well absorbed and serve.
· Use saffron in sugar syrup if you wish.
· Instead of oil ghee can also be used for deep frying.
· Make sure you cook it in a low flame otherwise the outer portion will get golden brown and inner portion will remain uncooked.
· Always knead the dough well for soft gulab jamuns.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used