Mini Mango Poori is cute little pooris that are infused with Mango pulp. They make a perfect summer snack for the kids.
Poori is always a super hit among kids. It can be made even special by combining it with Mangoes. I have started my Mango Marathon so this week fully I'm gonna share Mango Specials. Anyone with us??
How to prepare Mango Poori
4) Heat oil in a pan and when it becomes hot drop the mini poori’s and fry it till it becomes golden brown. Remove it from the pan and drain it in paper towel to remove the excess oil .Mini Mango Poori’s are now ready to be served.
- You can also use All-purpose flour to making the poori.
- Adjust the sugar level according to the sweetness of your mango.
- I used Banganapalli mango variety hence the coconut is pale yellow. The colour of the poori varies according to the mango variety.
- Don’t roll the poori very thin ,then it won’t puff up. Roll it a bit thick.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Mini Mango Poori
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 1 big Mango
- 6 tbsp Sugar
- 1½ cup Wheat Flour
- Oil for deep frying + 1 tbsp for dough
- Salt a pinch
- In a blend add in the chopped mango pieces along with sugar. Blend them together to form a fine puree without adding sugar.
- In another large bowl take the wheat flour add in 1 tbsp of oil ,Salt and the mango puree. Bring everything together and form a smooth dough. Cover the dough and allow it to rest for about 30 mins.
- Divide the dough into small balls of equal proportions and cut into any desired shapes. You can use your cookie cutter for this.
- Heat oil in a pan and when it becomes hot drop the mini poori’s and fry it till it becomes golden brown. Remove it from the pan and drain it in paper towel to remove the excess oil .Mini Mango Poori’s are now ready to be served.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist , the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
What if we don't add sugar in it? I wanted to make it spicy