Mint chicken gravy recipe is an aromatic chicken curry made with fresh Mint Leaves. Chicken is cooked along with spices and mint.
Mint Chicken Curry Recipe | Pudina Chicken Kuzhambu with step by step pictures. Mint chicken gravy is prepared by cooking the chicken in a ground Mint Puree. Mint Leaves has numerous health benefits. It plays a vital role in digestion it cleanses the palate and it promotes digestion. Whenever we have indigestion we can always have a cup of mint tea which gives immediate results.
Usually, we add mint leaves while we prepare biryani and any non-veg recipes. Kids tend to throw away the mint leaves away without eating. Mint chicken gravy recipe is an excellent way to make kids consume mint leaves, as we grind the mint leaves and add them to the curry.
Kids cannot keep it away from their plates. The combination of mint and chicken gives a wonderful aroma to this gravy. Now let’s get cooking !!
How to prepare Mint Chicken Curry
3) Now add in the ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell leaves or about 2 mins.
4) Add in the tomatoes and wait until it turns mushy.
5) Once the tomatoes are cooked add in the ground mint masala and water and cook in a medium flame for about 3 mins.
7) Cook for about 15 mins until the chicken is cooked .Delicious Mint chicken gravy is ready .Can be served with Roti, Dosa or Rice.
Mint Chicken Gravy is now ready to be served.
Now it’s time to enjoy your chicken gravy
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ? You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates from me.
Mint chicken gravy
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
For Mint Masala:
- 1 cup Mint Leaves loosely packed
- 5 Green Chilli
- 5 Almonds
- 5 Cashews
- In a kadai add in oil once the oil becomes hot add in Cinnamon, Cardamom and the Fennel Seeds.
- Once they splutter add in the curry leaves and the sliced onion and cook till it becomes translucent.
- Now add in the ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell leaves or about 2 mins.
- Add in the tomatoes and wait until it turns mushy.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked add in the ground mint masala and water and cook in a medium flame for about 3 mins.
- Now add in the chicken pieces.
- Cook for about 15 mins until the chicken is cooked .Delicious Milk chicken gravy is ready .Can be served with Roti, Dosa or Rice.
- Along with the mint coriander leaves could also be used while making the masala.
- Cashews and Almonds could be skipped.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.