Once during a lazy day when my hubby was not in home, I was forced to cook only for me. I had beans, Carrot, Green peas handy in home .I made a quick stir fry out of the vegetables .It is in fact a healthy option to include a lot of vegetables in our diet ,As I liked to include a lot of veggies in my food .You can also add Gobi ,Beetroot along with this Stir Fry .
Mixed Vegetables Stir FRY
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Lunch sidedish
Prep Time: 10 mins| Cook time :10 mins | Serves: 2
Beans – 10
Carrot – 2
Green Peas – ¼ cup
Onion – 1 medium sized
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Salt – to taste
Dry Red chilli – 3-4
Garlic- 8 pods
Water - as needed
Oil -1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds – ½tsp
Cumin /Jeers – ½ tsp
Curry Leaves – a spring
1. In a pan add in oil wait till it becomes hot and then add in mustard seeds, Cumin seeds and Curry Leaves .It will splutter so stay back .Then add in the chopped onions. Fry till it becomes golden brown in colour. Now add in Green peas. Fry for a min and then add in chopped Beans and Carrot.
2. Mix everything really well and then add in Salt and Turmeric Powder then add in water .Cook for 5-7 mins until all the veggies are cooked.
3. In the meantime take red chilli and Garlic in a blender and blend it into a course mixture. Add it into the cooked veggies .Mix well and allow it to cook in low flame for 2 mins and then switch off the flame.
- You can also add coconut in this dish, Add along with Dry Red chilli and Garlic while grinding.
- Feel free to add any other veggies of your choice.