Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Main Course
Prep Time: 30 mins |Cook Time :25 min |Serves : 4|Author :Sharmila Kingsly
Basmati Rice-2 cups
Chicken -½ kg
Onion-3 large thinly sliced
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Coriander Leaves-1 cup
Mint leaves-1 cup
Red chilli powder-1 tblspn
Garam Masala powder-1 tblspn
Turmeric Powder- ½ tsp
Fennel seeds/Sombu- 1 tsp
Garam Masala-1 tbspn
Cinnamon stick/Pattai – 1 inch
Bay Leaves – 2
Cardamon – 3
Salt to taste
Water -2 and ½ cup
2) Take a heavy bottomed pressure cooker add in oil or Ghee once it becomes hot add in the tempering ingredients. Wait till it splutter and then add in the sliced onions. Cook till it becomes golden brown in color. Next add in the Mint and coriander leaves .Clean the leaves well before adding in to the pressure cooked. You can chop the coriander leaves into small pieces before adding.
3) Next add in the tomatoes and wait till its cooked well, Next add in the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell leaves. Let the stove be in medium flame or the ginger garlic paste may get burnt in the bottom of the cooker. Now add in the cooked chicken pieces. Mix everything well.
4) Now add in curd and all the spice powders and mix everything really well for about 2 mins. Now add in the soaked rice and mix well.
- You can also add coconut milk instead of water, it will enhance the flavor of biryani.
- The same recipe can be replicated in electric rice cooker as well. However if cooking in electric rice cooker add 2 cups of water for 1 cup of rice.
- You can also add juice from half lemon before closing the pressure cooker .