Onion Pulao is one simple Pulao which can be prepared in just 10mins. It calls for simple ingredients. Perfect for a lunchbox
Onion Pulao is one simple Pulao which can be prepared in just 10mins. It calls for simple ingredients. If we have cooked Basmati rice we can prepare the pulao in no time. This will have a slight sweet taste due to the onion and nuts added.
How to prepare Onion Pulao
Tasty Onion Pulao is now ready to serve
Tips & Variations
- The Key taste of this pulao lies in the caramelization of the onions, so don’t be in a hurry. This might take about 15 mins if done in a slow flame. High flame might burn the onions.
- You can skip the oil and do the entire process with Ghee .It gives a wonderful aroma to the pulao.
- Don’t skip the sugar and Cinnamon Powder as it enhances the taste of the pulao.
- This Onion pulao will be mildly sweet due to the caramelization of the onion.
- This Pulao can be prepared very quickly if we have the onions handy. This is a great Lunch box idea.
- Tastes best when served with any spicy chicken or vegetable Gravy.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 3 Onion
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 8 Cashew Nuts
- 5 Raisins
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Pepper corns
- 1 tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Salt ½ tsp or to taste
- ⅛ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Soak Basmati rice in water for about 30 mins. Bring in lot of water to boil and cook the basmati rice. Once cooked strain it and set aside.
- Take Ghee and oil in a kadai and fry the chopped onions until it caramelizes. Fry the cashew nuts and Raisins also along with the onions. The onion should become golden brown in colour. Remove everything to a plate once it’s done.
- Now in the same kadai add in the remaining ghee and oil and add mustard seeds ,Pepper Corns and Curry leaves, let in splutter . Next add the cooked Basmati Rice in the kadai .Add in Sugar and Salt .Stir well and wait until the sugar caramelizes. It might take about a min.
- Now add in the Fried onions to the kadai and mix well. Also at last add in Cinnamon Powder and mix well and switch off the flame.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist , the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
Leave a Reply