Peanut Sundal recipe with step by step photos. Here comes another week of the Protein Rich themed Blogging Marathon. If you have followed me for quite some time you would have noticed that we a group of bloggers are running a month of Mega Marathon themed Protein Rich recipes. I have been selecting some sub themes each week. Last week it was Protein rich Dal recipes and this week it is going to protein Rich Sundal Recipes. So the next six days is going to be some protein Rich Sundal.
Checkout the other Sundal Recipes :
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Raw Peanut - 1 cup
- Salt as needed
- Feshly grated coconut – 3 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds -1 tsp
- Urad Dal – 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chilli – 3
- Hing / Asafoetida a pinch
- Curry Leaves a spring
- Soak the Peanuts in water for 1 hour .Then add the soaked peanuts into the cooker along with the required water till the peanuts sink and salt and cook for 3 whistles. Once cooked drain the excess water and take the cooked peanuts and set aside.
- Now heat a pan add in oil once it becomes hot add in Mustard seeds and Urad Dal, let them splutter next add in the Hing, Dry Red Chilli and Curry Leaves.
- Next add in the cooked peanuts and salt if necessary (as we have already added salt while cooking the peanuts.) mix well and then add in the grated coconut.
- Mix well and cook in a low flame for 2-3 mins and switch off the flame. Tasty and Healthy Peanut Sundal is now ready to be served.
· Perfect for the Navratri fasting and evening snacks.
· No need to add roasted peanuts for this recipe. Use the raw peanuts. If using fresh peanuts no need to soak you can directly pressure cook.
· You can also add ghee in this recipe and it gives a nice taste.