Prawn Fried Rice recipe with step by step photos. Prawn/ Shrimp is a protein packed sea food. After the Onam Festival is over I decide to treat my family with some non veg foods. So this week of my Mega Marathon is going to be non-veg Protein rich recipes.
Similar Indo Chinese Recipes:
Click here for more Prawn Recipes.
Prawn Fried Rice
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Prawn – 15 nos
- Cooked Basmati Rice – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Garlic pods – 5
- Onion - 1
- Capsicum ,Cabbage and Carrot – ½ cup together ½ cup
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Egg – 2
- Soya Sauce
- Chilli Sauce – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Spring onions to garnish
To Marinate :
- Soya Sauce – ½ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Clean and devein the prawns to this add in the ingredients mentioned in the “To Marinate” table
- Mix well and allow it to rest for 15 mins .After that in a pan add in oil once it heats up add in the prawns and shallow fry till the masala coats well and the prawns become dry (ie Prawns have water and when it starts cooking it leaves all the water so cook till the water is completely dried.)
- Remove the prawn from the pan and set aside. Next add in oil in another pan and let it become hot to this add in the chopped garlic pods fry for a min and then add in the chopped onions cook till they become translucent.
- Next add in the cabbage, Carrot and capsicum (I skipped capsicum as it was out of stock for me) .Fry for few mins until the raw smell leaves no need to cook the vegetables it should maintain its crunchiness. Then add in the Sugar and vinegar give a good mix and then break open the eggs.
- Scramble the eggs and cook till they are completely done. Add in the Pepper powder, Soya sauce and Chilli sauce .Mix well.
- Add in the required salt and finally add in the cooked basmati rice .
- Mix well and switch off the flame .Sprinkle chopped Spring onions and serve hot.
- You can use leftover rice to prepare the Fried Rice.
- Goes well with Chicken Manchurian.
- Makes a wholesome lunch box dish