Rice Pakoda Recipe | Leftover Rice Pakora | Rice Fritters with step by step photos. We usually make rice pakoda with the leftover rice. Whenever we are out for a picnic and we pack rice for us. This rice pakoda will surely be in the list. After making tamarind rice or tomato rice with the remains my amma usually makes this. Goes very well with rice too. My daughter loves this. So I prepare this for her quite often.
Step by step Method with pictures:
2. Also add Chilli powder, Gram Flour and Rice flour, Fennel Seeds, Salt, and chopped coriander leaves.
3. Sprinkle little water and mix well so that it resembles a thick paste. Make sure it’s not watery. In the pan heat oil for deep frying once the oil is hot pinch in small balls of the prepared mixture
4. Fry till golden brown in a medium flame.Drain in paper towels after deep frying. Serve as a snack
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM# 86
Rice Pakoda Recipe | Leftover Rice Pakora | Rice Fritters
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Cooked rice – 1 cup
- Gram Flour – 3 tbsp
- Rice Flour – 1 tbsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Water to sprinkle
- Onion – 2 tbsp chopped
- Coriander Leaves - 1tbsp chopped
- Fennel Seeds – ½ tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl add in the cooked rice. Mash it well with a ladle.
- Next to the mashed Rice add finely chopped onions, Gram Flor, and Rice flour.
- Also add Chilli powder, Fennel Seeds, Salt, and chopped coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle little water and mix well so that it resembles a thick paste. Make sure it’s not watery.
- In the pan heat oil for deep frying once the oil is hot pinch in small balls of the prepared mixture and fry till golden brown in a medium flame.
- Drain in paper towels after deep frying. Serve as a snack
· Serve along with tea.
This would make a good evening snack! What is the type of rice you usually use for this fritters? Have you tried with the matta rice?
I have tried this with leftover matta rice and it turned out perfect... nobody will even know that it's leftover hehe... looks so delicious...
Pakodas from leftover rice would make a great crunchy snack . Perfect for munching , this is a fantastic recipe .
I too prepare this often. They are so addictive and good use of leftover rice.
I seeing a lot of rice pakoda recipes online but never made them at home. I should try this next time I have leftover rice.
wow such crunchy crispy treats from you 🙂 am craving for some masala peanuts and now these crunchy pakodas .. so crunchalious they look..
That's a very interesting pakoda with cooked rice. Never tried but your crispy and delicious pakoras are tempting me to make some soon.
That is a fantastic idea. Shall try sometime soon. We always have leftover rice so it is easy to make it.
Using leftover rice gives an extra crunch to the pakodas, very nicely done!
That's how i make leftover rice pakoda and we love it with chai. Perfect for tea time.
What a nice way to finish leftover rice. Prefect snack food as well. Love this crunchy munchies anytime.
I have made Pakoda’s with cooked rice long time ago. I added some veggies too to give a nice look and taste. Your dish looks perfect.
What an amazing way to use up left over rice. With a cup of coffee and a bowl full of these pakoras, it would be fantastic..
Perfect with a cup of tea. Nice way to use left over rice
Great recipe and leftover rice would definitely make it crunchy and tasty
great I have yet another version of pakoda to try 🙂