Kulfi is an frozen dessert from the Middle East, it is creamy and made of dairy products and it is more or less like Ice cream in appearance and taste as per wiki, Kulfi can be prepared in various ways the principle method is made from either Malai or Khoya later many flavours can be added to this Kulfi base and the popular flavours of Kulfi are Kesar ,Elachi ,Pistachio.
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Fill Fat Milk – 2 cups
- Condensed milk – ½ cup
- Almonds – 10
- Pistachios – 10
- Rose Essence – 1 tbsp
- In a Saucepan add in milk and bring it to a boil. Once it comes to a boil Simmer it and continue boiling.
- After boiling the milk on a low flame. It will start forming the malai, don’t discard it. Let the milk get reduced to almost half of its quantity. In a food processor add in the Almonds and Pistachios and make it a coarse powder.
- Now add the powdered almonds and pistachios to the milk mix well and then add in condensed milk and mix well.
- Cook for another 2 mins and switch off the flame. Allow the milk to cool down and then add in the Rose essence and mix well.
- Get ready with the Kulfi mold. Pour the prepared kulfi seal with the lids and allow it to freeze overnight or 8 hours.
- To release the Kulfi from the mold show them in running tap water and gently release the kulfi from the molds by holding the lids it will come easily. Serve immediately.
· If you don’t have kulfi mold any paper cups can be used to prepare them.
· Adjust the sweets as per your preference, For me ½ cup of Condensed milk was sufficient.
· Serve immediately as the Kulfi tends to get melted soon.
· No. Of Kulfi’s depend upon the size of the mold which you use to prepare.