Sathu Maavu Ladoo Recipe | Health Mix Powder Ladoo with step by step photos. We need just two ingredients to prepare this yummy ladoo. Totally addictive as well. I used store bought health mix powder. Instead of Jaggery you can also use palm sugar to this recipe to make it ever healthy. If you like a crunch in the ladoos add some ghee roasted nuts as per your choice.
I normally prepare Puttu (Steamed Rice Flour cakes) with this heath mix powder to my daughter but she got bored of it .So just tried to prepare ladoo with that and it was a success. Now lets see how to prepare this health mix powder ladoos.
2. In another pan add in the Jaggery or Pam Sugar and add water till they immerse.
3. Cook till it gets thicks and then pour it to the dry roasted health mix powder.
4. Mix with a ladle and shape to form ladoos. If you are using nuts roast in ghee and add before shaping the ladoos.
5. Health mix powder ladoos are now ready.
Sathu Maavu Ladoo | Health Mix powder Ladoo
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Health Mix powder - 1 cup
- Jaggery / Palm Sugar – ⅓ cup
- Nuts to garnish
- In a Pan dry roast the Health Mix powder till you get a nice aroma and the colour slightly changes.
- In another pan add in the Jaggery or Pam Sugar and add water till they immerse.
- Cook till it gets thicks and then pour it to the dry roasted health mix powder.
- Mix with a ladle and shape to form ladoos. If you are using nuts roast in ghee and add before shaping the ladoos.
- Health mix powder ladoos are now ready.
- Add ghee if you prefer. Heat the ghee and add little by little while mixing and shaping the ladoos.
- Stays good for a week.
- I used organic jaggery so it dint have impurities. If you are using normal one strain the impurities and then use.
What is sathu made of? Sathu you mentioned is not the same as sattu from Bihar which is made with roast gram. Since you mentioned you also make puttu with this health mix, assuming it has some grains in it. Good to know you found an alternative to feed your daughter this healthy mix.
Ha..No dear it is different from the Sathu of bihar This health mix powder is made by dry roasting Few Millet,Pulses,Nuts in a particular proportion. It is good for weight gain for babies. We do get it ready made in stores as well. I will try to do a detailed post on preparing homemade health mix powder soon!!
While reading this post even I had the same question as Usha , but you have answered . The Ladoo with millets sounds very healthy . Will look forward to your post on the Health Mix .
Looks healthy and yummy.
Good one. I keep eyeing the sathu health mix powder in the Indian store shelves but I never buy it. Now I have a reason to buy it 🙂
sathu maavu ladoo looks absolutely scrumptious and they are super healthy as well.So perfectly made ladoos 🙂
Extremely healthy laddoos sis, just love making laddoos with saathu maavu than making porridge with them. Love to munch some laddoos.
Yummy ladoo Shari. We usually prepare this with the nei kasadu... nei kaichani patharathula, eda senchu kudupanga... missing those days. Your girl is lucky.
Usha, Sathu is a Tamil word which means strength. Maavu means powder. The literal meaning is the powder which gives strength. 😉 The english translation for that became Health Mix.
The ladoo sounds super healthy with that healthy flour mix and jaggery of course. I would love to make them if I find that flour mix.
Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen
Nutritious ladoo, you dont have to add anything extra, everything is there in the flour itself!!! perfect for snacking!
My family loves sathu mavu kanji. This sounds like a delightful treat to make with the mix.
Lovely healthy laddoo..even I thought it is sattu from Bihar.. good to know about this healthy mix
This is my favourite in childhood..Amma used to prepare this often as Sathu maavu will be handy at home always. Yours is inviting!
healthy and delicious I am sure - looks great!