Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Breakfast/Main dish
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time :10 | Serves: 2 |Author :Sharmila
Semiya Vermicelli – 1 cup
Water – 2 cup
Salt as needed
Onion – 1
Carrot – ½
Green Peas – ¼ cup
Capsicum – ½
Green Chilli – 2
Tomato – 1
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
Crushed Ginger garlic – 1 tbsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
Bay Leaves – 1
3. Now add in Garam Masala and salt mix well and then add in little water let the veggies cook.
4. Meanwhile in another pot boil water to the boiling water add a dash of salt once the water starts boiling add in the vermicelli/Semiya (I used roasted vermicelli hence I add directly in boiling water if not roast the vermicelli and then start cooking.)
5. Once the vermicelli is cooked strain the excess water and spread in a plate.once the veggies are cooked well add the cooked vermicelli and in a low flame cook for 5 mins and switch off the flame.
- Semiya Biryani can be served as a one pot meal anytime of the day.
- Tastes best when served with Onion Raita.
- Used Roasted Vermicelli if not roast the vermicelli in ghee and then start cooking.
- Make sure not to overcook the vermicelli .