Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Breakfast
Prep Time: 12 hours | Cook Time: 2 min/dosa | Serves: 2 | Author: Sharmila Kingsly
Idli Rice – 1 cup
Urad Dal – ¼ cup
Aval / Poha – ½ cup
Fenugreek seeds – ¼ tsp
Curd – ½ cup
Water as needed to grind the batter
Oil to drizzle on the sides on the dosa.
1. Wash the Idli Rice and Urad Dal well. Soak Udli Rice, Urad Dal, Poha and fenugreek seeds together in a bowl for 4-5 hours.
2. In a mixie or grinder grind everything together to form a smooth batter. While grind add curd and water and grind.
3. Allow the ground batter to ferment for 12 hours or overnight.
4. Before cooking mix the batter well and add in the required salt and necessary water and bring it to dosa batter consistency.
5. Heat a dosa tawa .Take a ladle full of batter don’t spread much.Drizzle oil on the sides.
6. Cover and cook for few secs.It will get the nice pores.Flip and then cook till done. Serve hot.
2. Cover and cook for few secs.It will get the nice pores.Flip and then cook till done. Serve hot.