Sweet Corn Sundal or Indian Corn Spice Mix Salad is a healthy and yummy Sundal type. I used a special spice mix to prepare this yummy Sundal.
Sundal is an Indian Spicy Salad made with freshly ground spices along with any Pulses and garnished with Coconut.Many variations can be prepared in the Sundal with the pulses used or with the spices mix used!!
Sweet Corn is a healthy option for all people.It makes a guit free snack. As it is Season of Sundal I have tried to prepare a Sundal with Sweet Corn, It is as yummy as a dish, do try and enjoy it
Sweet Corn Sundal
Indian Corn Spice Mix Salad is a healthy and yummy Sundal type. I used a special spice mix to prepare this yummy Sundal.
Usually for preparing the Sundal we either garnish with Sundal podi or with just grated coconut itself.
Cooking with Sweetcorn:
Sweetcorn is an wonderful ingredient we can use it for various recipes. We can use it for Pulao, Gravy, Snacks and Many more.
It is a kids friendly ingredient. kids really enjoy corn these days. The Butter corn sold in malls and chaat corners is very popular these days.
So I took my inspiration from this to prepare this yummy Sundal. This snack will be a wonderful delight for this season.
How to cook Sweetcorn:
- Remove the over husk
Fresh Sweet corn is usually sealed inside a husk with many layers . Go ahead and remove all the outercovering above the sweet corn.
- Presure Cook Sweet Corn.
Sweet corn gets cooked easily in presure cooker than in open pot. So go ahead and cook in a presure cooker for about 4 whistles by adding the required salt.
- Remove the corn kernals.
Once its cooked. Go ahead and remove the kernels and use it for the sundal.
Yes, indeed frozen sweet corn can also be used for the sundal. Just thaw it and use it like regular Corn.
Yes definitely , if yo have the sundal podi handy , You can definitely go ahead and add.
Checkout the other Sundal Recipes :
Step by Step Recipe With Pictures:
1.In a pan dry roast the ingredients mentioned in the To Roast and Grind table and cool down, once cool grind it to a fine powder and set aside till use.
2. In a pan add in oil once it heats up add in mustard seeds and let it splutter and then add in Cumin Seeds , Urad Dal and Curry Leaves, Hing and Dry Red Chilli.
3. Add in the Sweet corn and then add in the ground spice powder .
Serve Sweet corn Sundal with a cup of Adrak chai.
Sweet Corn Sundal | Spicy Sweet Corn Salad
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 1 cup Sweet Corn
- Salt as needed
To Roast and Grind:
- 1 tbsp Urad Dal
- 1 tbsp Channa Dal
- ¼ tsp Pepper corns
- 3 Dry Red Chilli
- 1 tbsp Urad Dal
- ¼ tsp Cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp Grated Coconut
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Urad Dal
- 1 spring Curry Leaves
- Asafoetida a generous pinch
- In a pan dry roast the ingredients mentioned in the To Roast and Grind table and cool down, once cool grind it to a fine powder and set aside till use.
- In a pan add in oil once it heats up add in mustard seeds and let it splutter and then add in Cumin Seeds , Urad Dal and Curry Leaves, Hing and Dry Red Chilli.
- Add in the Sweet corn and then add in the ground spice powder as per your spice level
- Mix everything well and in a look flame cook for 2mins and the switch off the flame. Serve Sweet corn Sundal with a cup of Adrak chai.
- Frozen sweet corn can also be used in this sundal.
- If you don’t prefer to add the spice mix add in 2 dry Red Chilli while tempering and skip off adding the spice powder.
- It is a healthy snack recipe, serve as an evening snack with a cup pf chai.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
Note: This post is originally from 2016 . I have updated with a new Recipe card, Pictures, and video now.