Varagu arisi Puliyodharai | Kodo Millet Tamarind Rice with step by step photos . Cooking with Millets is one wise way. Weekly once I try to include Millets in our Lunchboxes. If cooked right millets are similar to rice not much difference and we have the satisfaction of feeding the family healthy. Now let's see how to prepare Varagu arisi Puliyodharai.
I used my homemade Pulikachal Mix/ Tamarind Paste to prepare this . I usually make Pulikachal Mix once every 2 weeks and it will be sufficient for us. Tamarind Rice goes will with any Thogayal or Fryms.
3. Next add the cooked rice and mix well. Kodo Millet Tamarind Rice is now ready.
Varagu arisi Puliyodharai | Kodo Millet Tamarind Rice
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Kodo Millet Rice – ½ cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt as needed
- Pulikachal Mix / Tamarind Rice as needed
- Oil – 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
- In a cooker add in 1 tbsp of oil roast the Kodo Millet Rice. Next, add the measured water and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Wait till the pressure release on its own and then open the cooker.
- Prepare the pulikachal(Tamarind Rice Mix paste). In a pan add oil and the required tamarind rice mix.
- Next, add the cooked rice and mix well. Kodo Millet Tamarind Rice is now ready.