Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe | How to make restaurant-style Veg Fried Rice with Step by step photos. Veg Fried Rice is a popular Indo Chinese dish that can be prepared in just a few mins. It pairs well with any Manchurian dish and is simply yummy. I love to carry Fried Rice in my lunch box once in a while. But it tastes best when served hot. Now let’s see how to prepare restaurant style veg fried rice.
I usually cook rice the previous night if I had to prepare fried rice the next day as a day old rice is preferred to cook fried rice than hot rice. Adding sugar is a secret ingredient in Fried Rice, it helps to maintain the color and crunch of the veggies and gives a nice texture so never mix that. Check out my Egg Fried Rice, Chicken Fried Rice, and Paneer Fried Rice recipes too
2. Next, add in Sugar and Salt and mix well. Then add in the Soy sauce and Green Chilli Sauce. Mix well so that everything mixes evenly. Finally, add in the pepper powder and give a good mix.
3. Now add in the cooked Rice and mix well. Toss in high for 2 mins. Finally, garnish with spring onions and switch off the flame.
Vegetable Fried Rice
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Cooked Basmathi Rice – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Garlic 5 pods
- Capsicum - ½ cup chopped
- Carrot – 3 tbsp
- Beans – 3 tbsp
- Cabbage – 3 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Soy Sauce – ½ tsp
- Green Chilli sauce – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tbsp
- Spring onion – as needed
- Heat oil to this add in the finely chopped garlic pods and saute well, Next add in the Chopped onions and cook for 2 mins in a high flame. Next, add in the chopped Bell Peppers/Capsicum and mix well. Then add in the chopped Carrot, Beans, and Cabbage. Cook for 5 mins. The veggies should have a crunch and hence no need to cook fully.
- Next, add in Sugar and Salt and mix well. Then add in the Soy sauce and Green Chilli Sauce. Mix well so that everything mixes evenly. Finally, add in the pepper powder and give a good mix.
- Now add in the cooked Rice and mix well. Toss in high for 2 mins. Finally, garnish with spring onions and switch off the flame.
· Always cook in a high flame while cooking fried rice.
· Check here for how to cook rice perfectly for fried rice.
Leave a Reply