vegan white bread is a basic bread. It is egg free and dairy free soft and perfect. It makes a perfect sandwich bread too.
Never know baking bread would be so much easy !! Yes, I nailed it.. This is going to my keeper recipe for bread. This is the basic recipe for bread, We can even make so many variations to this recipe, such as adding wheat flour, Oats, or even multi grain flour. I bet you will never buy Bread from shop once you start making it at home.
The only thing you have to invest in is the time, As it needs time to proof up the bread.
This is a healthy version actually it's Eggless and Butterless. I will try to make a more healthy version soon by baking Wheat Bread.
How to prepare homemade vegan bread
- Make sure the water is not hot while adding the yeast, as it may kill the yeast. So let it be warm.
- You can also replace water with Milk.
- Make two are three slashes in the bread before it goes into oven for baking as it will increase the aeration .
- Always check for the expiry date of the yeast before using it. As dead yeast will not proof up the bread.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ? You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
vegan white bread
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 3 cup All purpose flour/Maida
- 1 cup Warm Water
- ½ tbsp Dry Yeast
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- In a bowl take 1 cup of warm water, Add in the Sugar. Let it dissolve in the water and then add the dry yeast. Keep this undisturbed for about 10 mins.
- Sift together All-purpose flour and salt at least twice. Add then take the dry ingredients to a large bowl. Add in Oil , You can use any flavorless oil. I used Olive oil. Meanwhile, the yeast water would have bubbled up.
- Add the water to the flour and then mix the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon, it may be sticky but don’t worry. Add more water if required and knead the dough to be smooth and soft. Add some more oil and knead to a very soft dough. Now keep the dough in a large bowl and seal with Clingfilm wrap.
- On top of the cling film place a kitchen towel and keep the dough undisturbed for about 2 – 2 ½ hours for the dough to proof up. After 2 hours the dough would have proofed up by itself.
- Now punch the excess air out. Prepare a loaf pan place the dough into the loaf pan and shape it to fit into the loaf pan.
- Now again Cling wrap the loaf pan and place a kitchen towel and let the dough rest for another 45 mins. The dough will proof again. Preheat the oven at 190 deg C for about 10 mins and then bake the bread at 190 deg C for about 45-50 mins or until you get a nice golden bread.
- Check the bottom of the loaf pan to find if the bread is baked it would have start to leave the loaf pan. If the bottom is pale continue to bake for some more time.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist , the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
Leave a Reply