Happy December everyone!! Finally the most lovable month of the year is here.. Yay the Christmas Season has started .Christmas is my favourite festival. And Guess what time to wear the Apron and get busy with the oven.. Starting today I will be posting the Christmas recipes!!Do leave me a comment if you are looking for any special recipes.. Today’s share is a lovely and healthy Whole Wheat Walnut Bread .It is so healthy and simple that can be baked in home. It is eggless and butter less plus made with whole wheat and has the goodness of Walnut .Now let’s get startedJ
Whole wheat walnut bread recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category : bread
Prep Time: 5 hours | Cook Time : 60 mins | Makes: 1 Loaf |Author :Sharmila
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Active Dry Yeast – 2 tbsp or Instant Yeast – 2 ½ tbsp.
Cane sugar – 2 tbsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Walnuts – ½ cup
Luke Warn water -1 cup
Salt - ½ tsp
1. Take Luke Warm Water in a bowl and then add in the Dry yeast in that allow it to rest for about 5 mins ,It would have activated by that time .If using Instant yeast no need to add in water it can be directly added to the bread.
2. In a mixing bowl take the Wheat flour to this add in the cane sugar, Walnut, Salt and Oil.
3. To this add in the Luke warn water where we added yeast mix everything and knead together to form a soft dough.
4. Cling warm the dough in the mixing bowl, Cover with a kitchen towel keep in a dark place and allow it to rest for about 2 hours for proofing.
5. After the first raise punch the dough and mix it once gain transfer it to a greased and lined baking tin and shape it.
6. Cover with the cling wrap and close it with a kitchen towel and allow it to rest for another 2 ½ hours. Now remove the cling wrap bush it with butter on top. Preheat the oven at 180 Deg for 10 mins and then bake at 180 deg c for 40 mins or till done. Remove from the loaf tin and allow it to cool completely before you cut into pieces.
- If using Instant yeast we can directly add it to the flour and knead it along with the other ingredients.
- Bake time differs from oven to oven so check the oven user manual.
- To check if the bread is baked perfectly just tap the loaf if it sound hollow inside then the bred is done.
- Give the bread an egg wash or butter was before popping it into the oven.