Slow Cooked Mutton Threads
Slow Cooked Mutton Threads is a slow cooked Mutton appetizer. It is a traditional Muslim recipe. It pairs well with Ghee Rice or Rasam.
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Boneless Mutton – ¼ kg
- Small onions – ¼ kg
- Green Chilli – 7-10
- Ginger Garlic paste
- Salt as needed
- Water as needed
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
In a pressure cooker add in the mutton pieces along with Water, salt and Turmeric powder and cook for 8-10 whistles or till it is done. Wait till the pressure gets released all by itself.
Allow the mutton to cool down and then collect the mutton pieces in a blender and give it a quick pulse, it should resemble thin threads. Heat Coconut oil in a pan and add in the chopped Small onions.
Cook till the onions are completely caramelized it may take time but this what brings the real taste of the dish. add in ground Green chillies and the ginger garlic paste and salt.
Add in the pulsed mutton threads now and mix well for another 15 mins in a very low flame and switch off the flame.
- This is a slow cooked dish, so it will take its own time.
- The real flavour of this dish comes in the caramelization of the onion, so don’t hurry it up.
- Carry out the entire cooking in the lowest possible flame.
- Use a non-stick pan or a thick bottomed pan as we will require to cook for a longer time.
- Tastes best when served with Ghee Rice or Steamed Rice and Rasam.