Bhindi Raita | Okra Raita | Lady's Finger Raita
Bhindi Raita is a great accompaniment . bhindi is sauted and then mixed with the curd makes it really rich and delicious.
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Thick Curd /Yogurt – 1 cup
- Lady’s Finger -10 nos
- Red chilli powder a pinch
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Roasted Cumin/Jeera Powder -1 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Oil – 1 tbsp
Wash Lady Finger well and pat to dry it using a kitchen towel and then chop it into small pieces. In a Kadai add in oil and let it heat up.
Once the oil heats add in the chopped Lady’s Finger and shallow fry till it gets cooked and crisp. Remove it from the Kadai and put it on a kitchen towel .Let the extra oil gets absorbed.
In another bowl take the thick curd and beat well .Next add in Chilli powder, Salt, Pepper powder and Roasted cumin Powder.
Mix well till all the spice powders are well combined. Then add in the roasted Lady’s finger and give a quick stir. Tasty and creamy Bhindi Raita is now ready.
- Be very careful while adding salt as it is a main tasting ingredient in Raita.
- Bhindi Raita pairs very well with any parata, Biryani or any Variety Rice.
- Consume immediately after preparing.