Aamras | Aamras Puri | Mango Pulp
Aamras literally translates to Mango Juice. Aamras is very popular in the states of Maharashtra and Gujarat.Aamras is prepared with Alphonso Mango usually.
- 1 Alphonso Mango
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 10 strands Saffron
- ¼ tsp Cardamom powder
Scoop the pulp from the Mango and add it to the blender. Blend well to a fine puree.
To this add in sugar if using. Next, add in the Saffron Strands and Cardamom pods. You can use Saffron strands directly or soak in 1 tbsp of milk and then add.
Blend well to a fine puree and serve. Serve with Poori or Chapathi. Tastes best when served chill.
- Serve with Poori or chapati.
- Adjust the sweetness as per your preference. If your Mango is too sweet you can reduce the amount of Sugar or you can ignore it.
- I used Alphonso Mango Variety. You can use any Mango variety which is pulpier and less fibrous.
- You can also add in a pinch of dry ginger powder for extra flavouring.
- If you prefer it to be more dilute you can add in 2 tbsp of Milk or Sugar.