Coconut Rice | Thengai Sadham
Coconut Rice is an easy Lunch Box Recipe .It can be prepared in just 10 mins with left over rice.Coconut rice goes very well with chips
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Cooked Basmati Rice - 1 cup
- Freshly grated Coconut – ½ cup
- Salt as needed
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad Dal – 1 tbsp
- Cashew Nuts -5
- Green Chilli – 1
- Dry Red Chilli -2
- Curry Leaves – 2 springs
- Oil – 1 tbsp
1.In a pan add in the oil ,wait till it heats up then add in Mustard Seeds ,Once it cracks up add in Urad Dal and Cashew nuts fry till both becomes golden brown.
2.Next add in Green Chilli and Dry Red Chilli fry for a min and then add in freshly grated coconut and curry leaves fry till the coconut starts turning light golden brown in colour.
3.Add in Salt mix well and then add in the cooked Basmati Rice and Mix carefully check for salt and then switch off the flame.
- Tastes good with any spicy roast or chips.
- Instead of Basmati Rice normal rice could also be used
- Don’t use hot rice as while mixing with Coconut the Rice particles might break if it is hot.