Chicken fry is an awesome starter . It goes perfectly with biryani or Pulao . chicken is marinated in spices and deep fried to perfection.
- ½ kg Chicken
- 2 springs Curry Leaves – 2 springs
- Oil for deep frying
- ¼ cup Curd
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- ½ tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- Salt as needed
- 2 tbsp Rice Flour or Corn Flour
In a large bowl add in the cleaned chicken pieces. Preferably chicken pieces with bones. If it's a leg piece, draw in some slits.
Add in all the spice powders. I am using Chilli powder, Coriander powder, turmeric powder, Garam Masala, Pepper powder, Salt, and ginger garlic paste.
Next to the chicken add in Rice flour or Cornflour. It gives a crisp texture to the fry so don’t skip it.
And then add in curd or Yogurt.
Combine everything well and allow it to marinate for 2 hours or overnight. Next in a frying pan add in oil for deep frying.
Drop in the marinated chicken in the hot oil and deep fry till it gets tender and cooked.
Just before switching off the flame add in a handful of fresh curry leaves and after a min switch off the flame. Drain the chicken pieces in a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- If you are a fan of coconut oil try frying the chicken in coconut oil it tastes heavenly.
- Squeeze out lemon juice just before serving the chicken
- Don’t skip adding curry leaves to the fry it gives a nice aroma.
- Tastes best when served hot.
Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 89mg | Potassium: 128mg | Vitamin C: 19.1mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.6mg