Red Chilli Coconut Chutney
Red Chilli Coconut chutney is a popular chutney in restaurants, They serve it along with Kal Dosa. The Chutney is usually watery.
- Freshly grated coconut – ½ cup
- Roasted Gram Dal /Pottukadalai – 2 tbsp
- Dry Red chilli – 3-4
- Garlic pods – 5
- Ginger a small piece
- Tamarind – a small piece
- Salt as needed
- Water as needed
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Curry Leaves – a spring
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Shallots /Small Onions – 3 nos chopped finely
Take all the ingredients mentioned in the table except the To Temper ingredients in a blender .blend well by adding little water to form a fine paste.
Transfer the chutney to a serving bowl add water to the chutney according to the consistency you prefer.
Heat a small Temper pan add in oil once it heats up add in Mustard Seeds .curry Leaves and Shallots and fry for a min and then add the temper to the Chutney.
Check for Salt and Serve with Idli or Dosa. Tastes good with Appam too.
- Increase or decrease the Red Chilli according to your taste buds.
- Usually this chutney is made watery in hotels.
- Tastes good with Idli, dosa, or appam.