Millet Rose Kheer | Little Millet Gulab Kheer
Millet Rose Kheer is a creamy delicious festival dessert prepared with Millets. It has a unique rose taste which makes it different from the regular Kheer.
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- 500 ml Milk Full Fat Milk
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup Little Millet
- ½ cup Sugar
- ⅓ cup Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Rose extract
- 1 tbsp Silvered Almonds optional
- 1 tbsp Rose Petals optional
In a sauce add in ½ cup of Full fat Milk. To this add in about 1 or ½ cup water and bring the milk to a boil.
Once the milk starts to boil add in ½ cup of Little millet. Cook at a low flame until the Millets are cooked. Milk might come out of the pan, so keep a wooden ladle above the saucepan.
Once the Millets are cooked, add Sugar and Condensed Milk. Mix well and cook at a low flame for 5 mins.
Next, add in the Rose Extract. Mix well and cook at a low flame for another 2 mins and switch off Millet Rose Kheer is now ready.
Garnish with Sliced Almonds and fresh Rose Petals.
- Instead of Little Millet, you can also use Kodo Millet or Foxtail Millet.
- If you feed the kheer is very thick you can add another ½ cup of Milk.
- Use full-fat milk for a creamy kheer.
- If you don’t have Rose extract you can use 2 tbsp of beetroot Juice and 1 tsp pf Rose essence also.
- I used almonds and rose petals to garnish, You can use any nuts of your choice.
- You can roast cashew nuts and raisins in ghee and add to the kheer.
Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 56.2g | Protein: 6.9g | Fat: 8.6g | Saturated Fat: 4.1g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 35mg | Potassium: 113mg | Fiber: 1.8g | Sugar: 39.1g | Calcium: 211mg | Iron: 0.7mg