Honey Sesame Chicken is a very popular dish in the American Chinese restaurants. It has a mild sweet taste from the honey. Succulent boneless chicken cubes are cooked in a saucy gravy.
Join our Facebook group for more Instant Pot and Air Fryer Recipes.
Easy one pot honey sesame chicken is a perfect make for a weekend dinner. It is a perfect Asian find in many American Chinese restaurants like Panda express , Changs and many more.
Instant Pot Sesame Chicken
Instant Pot gets the job done easily. We cook the chicken along with the sauces and then toss them in honey and sesame oil. Traditional methods in the restaurants calls for crispy fried chicken tossed in sauces. In Instant pot we cook the chicken to tender and then finally toss with the add ons.
I have tasted both the versions and I loved them both. Instant Pot version is guiltfree as we skip the deep frying part.
Chicken - Use boneless chicken pieces preferably the breast cubes.
Sauce - I am using dark soy sauce, Green Chili Sauce, tomato Sauce, Sriracha Sauce. They combine and give a yummy base to the sesame chicken.
Bell Pepper - Tri color peppers adds a yummy crunch to the dish. You can also skip adding them.
Honey - Honey balances the taste from the sauces and never reduce the quantity.
Sesame oil - Another main ingredient. Never replace the oil with any other cooking oil.
Corn flour - We add a corn flour gravy to thicken the gravy.
Sesame seeds - Gives a nutty chicken to the chicken.
Green Onions or Spring onions - Gives the traditional touch to all the Asian dishes.
How to Prepare Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
1. Into the inner steel pot of the instant pot add in the chicken pieces. Along with this add in the Soy sauce, Green Chili Sauce, tomato Sauce, Siracha Sauce, minced garlic and minced ginger.
2. Combine everything and close the Instant Pot. Move the Pressure Knob to the sealing position and then select pressure cook mode and set 4 mins in high pressure.
3. Do a quick release and open the Instant Pot. Chicken is all cooked now.
4. Switch on the Instant Pot in saute mode and then add in the honey.
5. Add in sesame oil.
6. Add in the coloured Bell peppers.
7.Mix the corn flour in 2 tbsp of water and add to the chicken.
8. Cook for 1 or 2 mins or until the sauce thickens and turn off the Instant Pot.
9.Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and Spring onions.
Sesame chicken goes well with a good fried rice or jasmine rice.
Keeps good for 5 days in the fridge. I do not recommend freezing as we cook the chicken in sauce, it tends to get soggy.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Honey Sesame Chicken
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Instant Pot 6 qt
- 1 lbs Chicken boneless and cut into small cubes
- 3 tbap Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
- 1 tsp minced Ginger
- 2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Green chilli Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- ⅛ cup Honey
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- ½ cup Bellpepper Use coloured ones
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Spring Onion
- Into the inner steel pot of the instant pot add in the chicken pieces. Along with this add in the Soya sauce, Green Chili Sauce, tomato Sauce, Sriracha Sauce, minced garlic and minced ginger.
- Combine everything and close the Instant Pot. Move the Pressure Knob to the sealing position and then select pressure cook mode and set 4 mins in high pressure.
- Do a quick release and open the Instant Pot. Chicken is all cooked now.
- Switch on the Instant Pot in saute mode and then add in the honey.
- Add in sesame oil.
- Add in the coloured Bell peppers.
- Mix the corn flour in 2 tbsp of water and add to the chicken.
- Cook for 1 or 2 mins or until the sauce thickens and turn off the Instant Pot.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and Spring onions.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
Leave a Reply