Bajra Dosa is a millet dosa prepared with whole bajra. It is so crispy with the texture of the dosa being similar to the rice dosa itself.
Bajra Dosa | Kambu Dosa | Pearl Millet Dosa Recipe with step by step photo. Bajra is a wonder millet which is very healthy and it is used since very olden days. However the usage of millet has considerably decreased now a days.
So I thought why would we use some healthy ingredients in our regular food and make it more healthy .So here is a healthy share of Bajra dosa. Now let’s get started.
How to prepare Bajra Dosa
5. Flip to the other side and cook till it is done. Serve hot with Sambar and Chutney.
Serve hot with Sambar and Chutney.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ? You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram,Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Bajra Dosa | Kambu Dosa | Pearl Millet Dosa
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Bajra/ Kambu / Pearl Millet – 1 cup
- Urad Dal – ½ cup
- Fenugreek Seeds – ½ tsp
- Salt as needed
- Soak the Bajra, Urad Dal and Fenugreek seeds in water for about 4- 6 hours.
- After soaking grind them to form a smooth paste in a blender or grinder similar to idli dosa batter.
- After grinding mix everything together to form a batter and allow it to ferment overnight or about 8 hours.
- Once it is fermented the batter is now ready for use. Mix salt and water as needed and bring it to the desired consistency. Heat a tawa and pour a ladle full of water. Sprinkle oil over the edges and allow it to cook fully.
- Flip to the other side and cook till it is done. Serve hot with Sambar and Chutney.
- Serve hot with Sambar and Chutney.
- Same batter can also be used to prepare Idli
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.