Broccoli Cheddar Pasta in Instant Pot is an easy weeknight dinner option. Just minimal effort and ingredients a delicious dinner is ready in no time.
A bowl of hot cheese one pot pasta is a comfort food for a cold night. Very little effort and results are totally worth it. Couldn't ask for a better dinner on a busy weekday.
Instant Pot Pasta
Cooking pasta is so much easier in Instant Pot. Everything comes together as a meal in less time. It is perfect for a quick meal also the pasta stays fresh and warm for a longer time.
Mac and Cheese with broccoli
Macaroni and Cheese also knoan as Mac n Cheese is a very famous cheddar cheese and macaroni pasta. It is traditionally baked as a casserole. However cooking in ctove top or even in Instant Pot is also common these days. Macaroni broccoli cheese goes very well together. we can adapt this delicious cheese broccoli pasta as broccoli mac n cheese . It might be a lovely variation and kids too will love this variation.
Liquids - I totally use 1.5 cups of liquid for 1 cup of Pasta. It is milk plus water. Adjust the quantity of liquids as if prefer. If you prefer a rich version you may use milk fully. You can also add up to 2 cups as the pasta tends to thicken as it cooks.
Pasta- I am using shell pasta. Use any as you prefer but the cooking time and the liquid used may differ. Check the package instructions for the details.
Broccoli - Use fresh broccoli florets. You can also add in more veggies like sweet corn, frozen peas, grated carrot, or mushroom. Add as per your preference.
Red Chilli Flakes - Chili flakes add a nice color and touch to the pasta.
Spice powders -I am using garlic powder and pepper powder minimal ingredients but they enhance the taste of the pasta.
Cheddar cheese- This elevates the taste and makes a creamy pasta. You can even increase it to 1 cup for creamier pasta.
Fresh cream - Adds richness to the pasta.
How to make Broccoli Cheddar Pasta
1. Add ½ cup of milk and 1 cup of water to the inner steel pot of the instant pot. and then add in 1 cup of pasta shells.
2. Next add in 1 tbsp of red chili flakes, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp pepper powder, and the salt to taste.
3. Combine everything and then add in 1.5 cups of broccoli florets.
4. Close the instant pot and turn the pressure valve to the sealing position. Set 2 mins in high pressure.
5. After 10 mins do a quick release and open the instant pot. The pasta appears lightly watery. Now turn on the Instant pot in saute mode.
6. Add in ¾ cup of grated cheddar cheese and combine.
7. Next add in ⅓ cup of fresh cream and mix well.
8. Turn off the Instant Pot. Cheddar Broccoli Pasta is now ready. Pasta thickens as it cools.
Tips & Variations
- If you are a cheese lover you may add in more cheese for a rich and creamy cheesy broccoli pasta
- As a variation, you may also try broccoli cheddar pasta bake. At the beginning of the year, you might notice the viral tik tok feta pasta. This too makes a yummy addition.
- You can also add in whipping cream instead of fresh creamy for a more creamy broccoli pasta. whipping cream has more fat than fresh cream.
- You can also modify the recipe using macaroni pasta for broccoli mac and cheese.
- I am using taco shell pasta. You may use any pasta variety as you like.
- The cooking time may vary based on the type of paste used.
- You can use macraoni pasta, penne pasta, orzo pasta, bowtie pasta too.
- Pasta with broccoli and cheese makes a yummy lunch box option too.
- Feel free to increase or decrease the Red Chili Flakes as per your taste. If adding 1 tbsp seems a lot for you, try adding ½ tbsp of 1 tsp as you prefer.
Pasta goes well as a dinner for a cold night with some soup or bread on the side. Always serve pasta hot. You can cook the pasta ahead and keep them in warm mode. Just before you serve you may add in the cheese and cream and serve.
I do not recommend storing or reheating pasta. Pasta tastes good when served hot and fresh.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ? You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Pasta
Standard 1 cup measures 240 ml
- Instant Pot 6 qt
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Pasta
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Flakes
- ½ tsp Pepper Powder
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- Salt as needed
- 1.5 cup Broccoli florets
- ¾ cup Cheddar cheese grated
- ⅓ cup Fresh cream
- Add ½ cups of milk and 1 cup of water to the inner steel pot of the instant pot. and then add in 1 cup of pasta shells.
- Next add in 1 tbsp of red chili flakes, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp pepper powder, and the salt to taste.
- Combine everything and then add in 1.5 cups of broccoli florets.
- Close the instant pot and turn the pressure valve to the sealing position. Set 2 mins in high pressure.
- After 10 mins do a quick release and open the instant pot. The pasta appears lightly watery. Now turn on the Instant pot in saute mode.
- Add in ¾ cup of grated cheddar cheese and combine.
- Next add in ⅓ cup of fresh cream and mix well.
- Turn off the Instant Pot. Broccoli Cheddar Pasta is now ready. Pasta thickens as it cools.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.
Wao! So easy! I just finished making it, and it is delicious! The recipe arrived in my kitchen to stay!
My son absolutely loved this pasta which is. win in my book. And I loved how easy it was to make!
Love the addition of broccoli and pepper flakes in this pasta. It is a perfect meal for my family.
Broccoli and cheddar is one of my favorite combos! The red pepper flakes gives this pasta an extra kick! So tasty!
Would adding ham at the end work? Looking to make it a bit filling? Looks like a great recipe.
Says fresh broccoli. Anyone know What happens if you use frozen broccoli? Would you thaw it before?
This was simple and had way more flavor than I had expected. The excellent, quick recipe that I will want to make more and more!
We like red pepper flakes but a tablespoon of it for the 1X recipe seems like a lot. It looks delicious and I’d like to make it this weekend but wanted to verify it’s a tablespoon and not teaspoon. Thanks.
1 tbsp of flakes was fine for me. You can definitely customize them as per your taste preference. Pls, add as 1 tsp of 1/2 a tsp as you prefer.
Looks interesting but I have a question about the cream.
The photo of cream looks like it's a solid and not a liquid. I'm not familiar with a 'solid' cream unless it's sour cream.
thanks for the reply
It's my homemade cream. We collect it from the regular whole milk. Since we store it in the fridge it appears solid.