Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is a warm and cozy one pot dish. It is hearty and delicious makes a complete winter dinner with some bread.
Here comes the warmest cozy season of the year. All we need is a bowl of hot soup and some bread. Instant Pot Chicken Noodle soup is the best find and makes a great meal. Making a soup can never get easier. Just dump in your favorite ingredients and Instant Pot does the work for you.
Instant Pot Chicken soup recipes are quick to comfort food. They are packed with flavors and the slow cook process in the Instant Pot soup recipe brings in all the finest flavors.
Chicken Soup Instant Pot
An effortless and easy peasy chicken noodle soup in Instant Pot. All you have to do is to get the ingredients and dump them in the Instant pot except the noodles. Cook the chicken in Instant Pot Soup mode. Wait for a natural pressure release and then add the noodles and cook them. Chicken noodle soup is ready in no time
This is the right choice for a cozy cold winter night dinner along with some breadsticks or Garlic bread.
Chicken - Use juicy chicken pieces with bones. They are more flavorful and perfect for soup. You may use fresh or frozen chicken.
Butter - When it comes to soup usually use butter for temping. YOu may also skip the butter and add olive oil. I like the taste of both.
Onion - Use white or red onion. Sauteing them in butter enhances the taste
Celery & Carrot - Both celery and carrot enhance the flavor when added to the soup. I Prefer adding both or either one as per the availability.
Rosemary, Thyme - we add thyme and rosemary of the taste and flavor. You can add either fresh ones or dried ones.
Parsley or Cilantro - You can add either parsley or Cilantro.
Chicken Stock - I prefer cooking the soup with chicken stock they are more delicious when compared to the soup prepared with water. You may use store brought ones or homemade chicken broth.
Pepper, Salt - Use as much as you prefer. Both are the main tasting ingredients. Use freshly ground black pepper for the best taste.
Chivies or Scallions - Garnish the soup with finely chopped chivies or Scallions and serve the soup.
How do you make chicken soup with frozen chicken?
You may follow the same process, Just that the cook time varies. However, cook the chicken pieces in soup mode for 10 mins and wait for a natural pressure release. However, if you are in a hurry you may do a quick release after 10 mins.
How to make chicken stock or chicken broth?
In Instant Pot or Crock-Pot or in Pressure Cooker add in enough water, chicken pieces, Cinnamon, Clove, Bay leaf, Carrot, celery and cook for 30 min in pressure cook mode. If pressure cooker cook for 6 whistles. Wait for a natural pressure release and then strain and remove the liquid. Your chicken stock is ready to use. Try to finish the chicken stock within a week.
You can also cook on the stovetop. Cook for 40 mins in low flame
Can I use boneless chicken pieces or breast pieces for the soup?
Definitely, Yes any chicken pieces we can use. However, the yummiest flavors come from the chicken pieces with bones.
What noodles to use in the soup?
You can use any variety of noodles. Even pasta or tortillas works well. I am using Hakka noodles. You can also use rice noodles for this noodle soup recipe.
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
1.Switch on the Instant Pot in saute mode. After few secs add in the butter. Let it melt. Next, add in the onion and carrot. Saute for 2 mins.
2. Next add in Rosemary, Thyme, and Cilantro.
3. Add in Pepper Powder and Salt.
4. Add in the chicken stock. Combine everything togther.
5. Add in the chicken pieces.
6. Add in the 2 cups water and combine everything once.
7. Close the Instant Pot with the pressure in the sealing position. Press the cancel button and then select the soup option and set 8 mins.
8. Wait for a natural release of pressure and then open the Instant Pot. Remove chicken from the Instant Pot.
9. Add in the noodles. Press the cancel button and then select the saute mode. Set 7 mins and let the noodles cook.
10. Shred the cooked chicken pieces with the fork. After 7 minutes the noodles have cooked, now add the shredded chicken pieces back to the soup. Combine everything once and switch off the Instant Pot.
11. Garnish the Chicken Noodle Soup with some chivies or Scallions and serve hot.
Tips & Variations
- instant pot chicken noodle soup frozen chicken - In case if you are using frozen chicken for the soup. You may follow the same recipe. Just that the cooking time will vary. Cook the chicken for 10 mins in soup mode.
- instant pot chicken noodle soup with potatoes - Potatoes go well with chicken, You may add some cubed potatoes too in the soup if you prefer.
- pressure cooker chicken noodle soup -If you do not have an Instant Pot you may cook the Chicken Noodle Soup in a Pressure Cooker. For the chicken noodle soup pressure cooker version, add the chicken add cook for 4 whistles, and then add in the noodles and cook for another 5 mins.
- You may also cook on a stovetop. Just that it takes a little longer to cook the chicken noodle soup on the stovetop. Use a heavy bottomed pan or dutch oven if cooking on a stovetop.
- Always use chicken pieces with bones for soup. They are more flavorful.
- I am using chicken stock or broth for the soup. they make the soup flavorful. If you don't have you may also use water instead.
- Increase or decrease the liquid as you like. More liquid the soup is less flavorful and vice versa.
- Instant pot chicken soup - You may also have it as a chicken soup by skipping the addition of noodles.
- chicken tortilla soup - Another yummy soup Instant Pot made with fresh homemade tortillas and skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs.
Chicken Noodle Soup goes well with some breadsticks or bread. My personal favorite is garlic bread and chicken noodle soup. Always serve hot for the best taste. Serve with more Salt and Pepper as you like. Perfect for the Halloween thanksgiving christmas.
If you are planning to freeze the soup or serve later I suggest you do not add the noodles and cook. Store the soup or freeze the soup till you cook the chicken. When you are ready to serve reheat and then add the noodle and cook till perfection.
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ? You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter for more updates
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion
- ½ cup Carrot
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp Rose Mary
- 2 tbsp Cilantro
- Salt as needed
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ¼ kg Chicken
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 cup Water
- ¾ cup Noodles
- Chives or Spring Onion to garnish
- Switch on the Instant Pot in saute mode. After few secs add in the butter. Let it melt. Next, add in the onion and carrot. Saute for 2 mins.
- Next add in Rosemary, Thyme, and Cilantro.
- Add in Pepper Powder and Salt
- Add in the chicken stock. Combine everything togther.
- Add in the chicken pieces.
- Add in the water and combine everything once.
- Close the Instant Pot with the pressure in the sealing position. Press the cancel button and then select the soup option and set 8 mins.
- Let the pressure release naturally and then open the Instant Pot. Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot.
- Add in the noodles. Press the cancel button and then select the saute mode. Set 7 mins and let the noodles cook.
- Shred the cooked chicken pieces with the fork. After 7 mins the noodles have cooked, now add the shredded chicken pieces back to the soup. Combine everything once.
- Garnish the Chicken Noodle Soup with some chives or Scallions and serve hot.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.