Chocolate Covered Dates with Almonds is a perfect vegan and gluten-free edible candy. It is a very popular Middle East candy, especially during Eid.
Homemade Candies are always fun. That too recreating a delicious and popular candy is something which I love. Last time I made my own Honey Roasted Almonds and this time, my take is one of the popular Chocolate covered dates stuffed with Almonds.
Chocolate Covered Dates
Chocolate-covered gifts a perfect gifting option during festivals. They are so easy and quick to prepare but look elegant. Store-bought ones might be expensive but they are so easy to prepare than it looks and sounds. Whenever you have some sweet cravings this might be a perfect option.
What are Medjool Dates
Medjool dates are a type of dates that are very common. They are rich and have a caramel-like taste. These Dates are sweeter and stickier taste and texture compared to others. They are also high in calories and rich in nutrients and have many health benefits.
How to Melt Chocolate
You can melt the chocolate in almost 3 different ways. Pick any method based on your preference. In this recipe I am using Chocolate chips, alternatively, you may also use dark chocolate. Just chop the chocolate and use them.
The first method is to microwave the chocolate chips. Microwave in an interval of 20 secs in high until the chocolate melts. Stir after every 20 secs or the chocolate might burn. Again the melting time varies on your type of oven and its respective temperature. Usually, it takes 60 to 80 secs. And never forget to stir in between.
Double Boiler Method:
In the double boiler, method put a pan with water and bring it to boil. On top place a heat-safe bowl and place the chocolate. Cook in a medium flame until the chocolate melts. Keep an eye on the chocolate as it melts quickly, also overcooking might end in breaking the bowl. So always babysit the chocolate while melting.
Open Pot method:
This is like melt the chocolate in a pan, Make sure you do it in the lowest of low temperature. Keep stirring and remove from the flame quickly as the chocolate starts to melt. Chocolate might get burnt quickly and hence do it with utmost care.
Ingredients for Chocolate Dates with Almonds
Dates -You may use any good quality dates. But I prefer Medjool dates for their tastes and texture.
Almonds - Always used toasted Almond for the recipe as we are not going to cooking them separately. You can microwave the Almonds for 2 min or in a pan dry roast the Almonds and then use.
Chocolate Chips - Use Vegan chocolate chips if you prefer a vegan andy. Milk Chocolate chips are not vegan. Other than chocolate chips all the ingredients are easily vegan.
Toppings - I am using Rose petals for garnish, I love that flavor with chocolate. However it's optional you may use any as per your preference and availability. You may use sprinkles, Crushed Almonds or Crushed pistachios, or even any toasted nuts.
Oil - Use any cooking oil. I am using coconut oil.
Other Ingredients - Other than the main ingredients we also use few ingredients for flavor. I am using cinnamon powder and vanilla essence. But are optional but recommend adding.
How to Prepare Chocolate Covered Dates, Pictorial
1) Pit and remove the seeds from the dates.
2) In Place of the seeds stuff the Roasted Almonds
3) Cover and seal all the dates after stuffing the Almonds
4) In a microwave-safe bowl add in the Chocolate Chips. To this add in 1 tsp of cooking oil. Instead, you may also use a double boiler and melt the chocolate. Use any method as you prefer.
5) Microwave it for 20 secs and then add in the Cinnamon powder, Vanilla essence, and the remaining oil and microwave for another 60 secs. The chocolate will melt now. Mix well.
6) Now add the stuffed dates in the chocolate and let it coat fully with chocolate.
7) Place them in parchment paper or a stand and put them in the freezer for 10 mins.
8) The chocolate will be a little dry now after 10 mins in freezer.
9) Now add in the garnish as you prefer. I am using Rose petals and then a small sprinkle of sugar crystals. Now put them in the fridge and let them rest for 30 mins to 1 hour until the chocolate is fully dry.
Super delicious Chocolate cover Almonds stuffed with Almonds are now ready.
Chocolate Dates stays good at room temperature for 3 dates. You may refrigerate and use them for 2 weeks.
Similar Candy or Chocolate Recipes
★ Did you enjoy this recipe? If you happen to try it out, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Thanks for your time ?
Chocolate Coated Dates with Almonds
- 15 Dates preferably Medjool dates
- 15 Almonds
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tbsp Rose Petals
- Pit and remove the seeds from the dates.
- In Place of the seeds stuff the Roasted Almonds
- Cover and seal all the dates after stuffing the Almonds
- In a microwave-safe bowl add in the Chocolate Chips. To this add in 1 tsp of cooking oil. Instead, you may also use a double boiler and melt the chocolate. Use any method as you prefer.
- Microwave it for 20 secs and then add in the Cinnamon powder, Vanilla essence, and the remaining oil and microwave for another 60 secs. The chocolate will melt now. Mix well.
- Now add the stuffed dates in the chocolate and let it coat fully with chocolate.
- Place them in parchment paper or a stand and put them in the freezer for 10 mins.
- The chocolate will be a little dry now.
- Now add in the garnish as you prefer. I am using Rose petals and then a small sprinkle of sugar crystals. Now put them in the fridge and let them rest for 30 mins to 1 hour until the chocolate is fully dry. Super delicious Chocolate cover Almodns stuffed with Almonds are now ready.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, the nutrition value provided here is an estimate. It will vary based on the quantity and brands of the products used.